Thread: Mounting PVC for vertical outlines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting PVC for vertical outlines

I can't figure out a method to mount a Chromatrim on PVC vertical on edge of my house. I have a concrete block/stucco home, typical Florida home. Not sure how to attach to soffit. Thinking L bracket of some sort that I can use a self tapping screw into the bottom of the soffit. Not sure how to secure the bottom. Maybe a piece of wood. I do not want to drill into the stucco.

Other option is a tension bar type system ala curtain rods attached to PVC. Not liking this idea.

Looking for ideas/pictures. Most of the searches came up with vinyl siding or brick homes.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mounting PVC for vertical outlines

may or may not help, as i have not done this my self, but. i am thinking about attaching a eye hook in the soffit and suspending a cable down to a weight(water bucket, sand bag... and attach the lights to the cable. it would be easy to put up and take down. cable would take the tension and the lights zip tied to the cable.
    [2017] 32 Renard Channels, 3360 LED Lights
    [2018] 208 Renard Channels, 13240 LED Lights, 2 projectors, and one donkey

3. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My place is all brick/concrete. I did not wanted to drill either. I builded some type of tension rod, It might not fit your needs but it should give you ideas.

I used EMT tubing with furniture levelers at each end to press fit between the floor and the ceiling.

Used hangers to secure the middle of the boscoyo strip. I could have used hangers in top and bottom to secure the strips, but used some steel ties I had laying around.

Emmanuel
    RGB Mega Tree Plugin: www.varaderolights.com

5. Thanks Airwolf16 thanked for this post
    Likes uncledan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think about the furniture levelers for a tension mechanism. Nice idea. They won't work on my corners as the soffit under the edge of the house isn't firm. However, I have an porch/entry area that I'm also lighting that I think I might use that idea. I was going attach the ChromaTrim to a piece of PVC and put a threaded cap at the end. The could loosen or tighten the threaded cap to generate that tension, very similar to you levelers. But I'm thinking I like the leveler idea better.

Thanks for the idea on the string. Didn't think about that. I could thread a string/wire through the PVC and hang it that way with some weight at the bottom.

Have some sick time to burn by EOY so I think I'm developing an eye problem tomorrow... just can't see myself going into to work. Haha Neighborhood judging starts tomorrow night. Need to finish these 3 outline areas and I'm done.