Thread: F4V3 Mounting Plate

Post Thanks / Like

Default F4V3 Mounting Plate

I some CG-1500s ready to go. I'm looking for a mounting plate that will work with a meanwell powersupply from holiday.lighting and a falcon F4V3. It looks like my two options are mounting plates from falcon or holiday coro. Does anyone know if the F16V2/F16V3 mounting plate shown here will work with a F4V3?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: F4V3 Mounting Plate

Check out JDEATION.com You can custom design a single layer or multiple layer Mounting system, and either print out the drawings to make it yourself, or have them Fabricate your custom design for a very reasonable price
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Or make your own, by starting with a plastic cutting board from Walmart. Just use screws instead of bolts to mount things. Short pieces of icemaker tubing make for great cheap standoffs.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

Just to be clear with the Jdeation designer you can print out your design on paper to make the mounting plate DIY. This helps ensure you drill your holes accurately.
    2016 - No Display

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need holes drilled (maybe a little pilot hole to get started, but that is easy) if you are using screws instead of bolts and nuts. I like the jdeation stuff, but there are always other alternatives.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas! Jdeation looks interesting. I created a mounting plate in a CG-1500 using plexiglass. I'm not sure if plexiglass was the right call. I used a multi tool to make my cuts, which wasn't a perfectly clean cut , but it'll do for now. I think I'm going to have to figure out how to make it into a double decker with some PCB standoffs I just ordered. So far I mounted a LRS-350-5. I want to fit in a pi, F4V3 and power distribution board, but I have run out of room. If I add another layer I think I can get it all to fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdkraemer View Post
    Thanks for the ideas! Jdeation looks interesting. I created a mounting plate in a CG-1500 using plexiglass. I'm not sure if plexiglass was the right call. I used a multi tool to make my cuts, which wasn't a perfectly clean cut , but it'll do for now. I think I'm going to have to figure out how to make it into a double decker with some PCB standoffs I just ordered. So far I mounted a LRS-350-5. I want to fit in a pi, F4V3 and power distribution board, but I have run out of room. If I add another layer I think I can get it all to fit.
    Glad to hear it is helping! I am using them to DIY my CG-1500 boxes, Plastic Ice Maker Line can work as stand offs. I also had them Fabricate 4 of the DIY Compact Enclosures for a couple of props as well. That one is too complicated for me to bother cutting. Plexiglass should work well for you depending on the Thickness, don't over tighten things or you can crack it.
    2016 - No Display