Thread: Controller Build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Controller Build

As Im working on my controller boxes, which Im trying three different boxes, Two of the MTM Gun Boxes in two different sizes and a couple of the CaseGuard Boxes. Ive began to use ABS plastic to mount the gear, how ever I keep thinking I want something a little more beefy than the Stuff I can get from my local hardware store which is 3/8 ABS plastic sheets. Ive been learning towards some MDF in 1/2 or thicker. Any op ions on materials to use for mounting items in the boxes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Controller Build

Quote Originally Posted by kjimkoski View Post
    As Im working on my controller boxes, which Im trying three different boxes, Two of the MTM Gun Boxes in two different sizes and a couple of the CaseGuard Boxes. Ive began to use ABS plastic to mount the gear, how ever I keep thinking I want something a little more beefy than the Stuff I can get from my local hardware store which is 3/8 ABS plastic sheets. Ive been learning towards some MDF in 1/2 or thicker. Any op ions on materials to use for mounting items in the boxes?
    1/4" ABS is more than sufficient for mounting power supplies or controllers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Controller Build

I was building a few MTM enclosures and then decided to let Jason at http://www.jdeation.com/ make one kit for me.
    I designed them,with his help and got them a few days later. Saved me the hassle of trying to get parts then cutting,etc.
    Just wanted to throw that out there.

(1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)E682
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)E1.31 Bridge
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels
    (12)ESPixel Sticks (shelby aka sporadic)

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Xlights
    Falcon Christmas