Thread: Xlights and M5 LED lights DIMMABLE???? HOW do i do it?? Expert advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xlights and M5 LED lights DIMMABLE???? HOW do i do it?? Expert advice needed

OK, Gilrock or any other xlights guru. Help Needed , I know someone has the answer for me on here.

I am using XLights with LOR controllers and the lor doggle.

The LOR function you added works great and makes it very easy to setup to run with the controllers, however is there a way to dim the LED m5 lights in xlights?? I tried going to the models page and changing the dimming curves , left the gamma at 1.0 and changed the curve to like a -50. No matter what I used as the negative number the lights never worked correctly when they got dimmed. (everytime I tried a new negative number I re-renderd the sequence I was using as well.
    The lights are set to single intensity color as well. Is there something I am doing wrong??

I need some expertise in this matter my 6' Singing Snowman is Blinding Me, with over 1,000 lights almost all in Pure White!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights and M5 LED lights DIMMABLE???? HOW do i do it?? Expert advice needed

Does it dim with the lor software. The way you describe the problem it sounds like the controller is struggling to dim the leds. If the controller canít do it xLights wonít be able to make it happen.

Exactly what type of led lights are they. Voltage? Transformer? Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights and M5 LED lights DIMMABLE???? HOW do i do it?? Expert advice needed

Yes in the LOT hardware utility.i can dim the lights down to nothing. Controllers are ctb16's. But i cant get them.to stay like that, after I get out of the hardware utility they revert back to.full.pwr.
    Tried to change the.models dimming curved in xlights but when it does the lights do dim,BUT they distinction then,some lights stay on constant others turn off, face is all out of wack. But yes in LOR utility they dim evenly and perfectly. But.i can't get them to stay
    Lights are from holiday express.

Post Thanks / Like

So dimming is nothing more than lowering the values in the data we send to whatever controller is running the lights. So you could just practice with up/down On ramps to see how the lights respond. Remove the dimming curve from the model first. But the dimming curve should work fine. You are using the Single Gamma/Brightness option right where you left gamma at 1.0 and then lowered the brightness value. You can see in the curve it creates that it will be a linear reduction if gamma is 1.0. If you make Brightness -50 then every value sent to the lights will be divided by 2. How your lights respond to that is out of our control. What type of effect are you testing with and are you using white?
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

You will find most of your dimming starting about 45% down to 0.
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

6. Thanks Phil Spencer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok , i will try the up/down on the ramps.
    And just trial and error on the dimming curve settings.

And

Dennis I simply Love the Led. Keeper tool as well, definitely worth its price! When u have 7,000 + led M5 mini lights!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now to stop them from blinding me!