Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sequence Locks Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sequence Locks Up

Several times recently when I have been working on a new sequence, the sequence will lock up as I am trying to stop it. I start a sequence with F6, play only a few notes, and stop it with F8, and sometimes get a popup that says "event thread did not terminate in time". The only way to clear it is to close Vixen. Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sequence Locks Up

Hi,

I am getting the same problem but my issues are USB related. I have a USB-RS485 converter which is one of a number of devices plugged into a USB hub. I have not tracked it down yet but something connected to the USB hub is disconnecting and reconnecting (It gives the ding dong sound when it does). If I am running a vixen sequence at the time, it gives that same error message when I next stop the sequence.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Is it only that new sequence? Any difference in the plugins you're using for that one as opposed to previous sequences?

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first sequence I have begun working on in earnest. In the beginning it ran fine, but I have been experimenting with different add-ins, and using the audio visualizer, and then it began to lock up. I just tried another sequence from scratch, and added a bunch of random stuff, including the waveform addin, and the audio visualizer and it isn't locking up. Don't know what's up with the first one............

Post Thanks / Like

If it's just that one sequence, I'd be happy to take a look at it and see if I can make it happen over here. Maybe it's highlighting a hidden bug.

Post Thanks / Like

Just started getting another error when I hit F6 to start the sequence (same one). Things were working O.k., and then all of a sudden every time I hit F6 I get a "Vixen" popup that says: [Renard Dimmer (Modified)
    Acces to Port "Com3" is Denied.]
    When I clear the error message, the sequence starts playing, but the message comes up every time I hit F6 now.
    More testing, it comes up on F5 or F6, and on every sequence I try.

Rebooted computer and whatever that was went away. Vixen is operating correctly again.
    Last edited by rstehle; 09-02-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

KC I'm seeing the same issue here. Any time I stop a sequence the app locks. I'm using old sequences (older 2.x) and a USB to RS485 adapter (Open DMX clone). The issue seems to be serial port related.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Dynamo can you check your CPU usage when the sequence stops.

this sounds like the issue i am having as well. I can use the program and then once youtry and stop the sequence or the test suite the program locks and the cpu is sitting at 100%.

About to head to work. Might try and take my adaptor to work and test it there quickly using the new version of vixen.

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% for me (51% on one CPU). This is pretty typical when you get an app lock.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

still seems very similar to the issue im having.

also i noticed i can get the same problem if i just start up a profile. leave the sequence blank and go into the channel test app. i can test the channels for as long as i want but when i go to leave the channel test it locks up as well.

have you guys tried the channel test to see if it does the same?

Peter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast