Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Thread: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WELCOME!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrednole View Post
    Hi all. New here and looking to do my first basic display in 2019. Only plan is eaves outline and windows. I am in the US in NC. I look forward to gathering as much information as I can in this crazy hobby.
    Where abouts? I'm close to Charlotte NC
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

There's two of us in Morganton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlemery View Post
    There's two of us in Morganton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're counting me right?
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from western South Dakota!

Gosh, am I glad to find this website! Iím a complete newbie to all of this programming/computers/sequencing but Iím excited to learn! I have been decorating about an acre with 128 trees/house etc (all static) for a few years now but am just looking to do something more exciting than basic twinkle lights.

5. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi From Central Florida.
    We live in the Silver Springs Shores area.

My name is Dave and we have been doing static displays since our kids were little. The last five years we have taken it up a bit by just purchasing after Christmas lights ( mostly Walmart Led string lights ) and I have made a few DIY cutouts. Now we are wanting to add music and sequence it. I started during the Thanksgiving season (2018) to get myself acquainted with Vixen 3 software, and I am loving it. I have already constructed a simple 48 channel arduino setup to do just on off switching and have it working very well with vixen 3. I am leaning towards an Renardss24 to give me some dimming control to some of my planned and already created displays. I have a star for the roof, and a not so mega tree ( it is only 11 feet high ) that I think the dimming would really add to the display over all. I want to thank all of you for such a nice and helpful sight. I am sure I will have questions for you all, and I have already found many answers by reading through the 101 and wiki links.
    Last edited by BoCa; 02-12-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Area we are in

7. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The SS24 will serve you well. Plan your display, look at how things will be grouped. Are the channels in groups of 4 or 6, 8, etc. I say this because, my display favors SS16s much better in most places of it, and then some favor SS24s. An example would be, my fountain legs are 8 channels, two color, so each one has a SS16. My arches on the other hand, have 8 channels and two colors, but also have a Marty Fan in them that is 8 channels, so for those I use a SS24 on each. Just some things to think about.

Welcome to DIYC!
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

9. Likes TazChaLet, Ruppro, BoCa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Wayne for the warm welcome, and for the tips, I have most of my setup in even numbers, there are a couple exceptions, but most are even number. You have me searching google now to see what a Marty Fan is

I also love your display, just speechless.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm Italian thanks for accepting me and I'm here to learn, I'm a new retiree and this is my hobby, I hope you will help me to solve my problems or get advice. Sorry for my not perfect English. Luigi

Post Thanks / Like

New here from Texas ,
    Thanks for some good reads,all of this is a bit out of my wheel house but I gave it a shot in 2018 utilizing Vixen +arduino mega 2560+sainsmart ssr 8 channel relays . Did 32 channels with fm broadcasting the music . This year I am upping the channels to 96 . I Build my own singing trees and snowman all with regular Led light strips mainly from Walmart . Looking at going to upgrade someday but my simple set up is what I know how to do so will wait till I learn more . Hopefully Iíll get info I need for future upgrades here. And hope to help any other beginners in anyway I can .

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899