PDA

View Full Version : Assigning type of pixel plane does not work

Petulka77
10-28-2013, 11:40 PM
How to reproduce it.

1)Create pixel plane based on existing channels.
2)Then add the PP to display group.
3)Try to "Add HLS custom Pixel Plane Effect" => warning "No Type has been assigned to Pixel plane
4)go to Manage Channels -> Manage Pixel Plane channels
5) Double click the previously created pixel plane
6) Pick the pixel plane type and click done
7) Reopen it. The type is set again to Not Assigned.

I also assigned the PP type during creation, but no luck

jlowe
10-29-2013, 12:32 AM
What type of PixelPlane are you trying to assign? It needs to be megatree or vertical matrix.

Petulka77
10-29-2013, 08:49 AM
It does not matter. None of them gets assigned. (I need mega tree)

JHinkle
10-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Works for me every time.

Please watch the quick Training Video on this subject.

Joe

http://youtu.be/xSQBegcsQ9c

Petulka77
11-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Joe, thank you for your replay and the video. It used to be true couple days ago but it's not anymore.
If I assign PP type I get confirmation: Mega Tree Implemented
But if I open it again it is still not Assigned.
I remember to see it like you presents in video couple days ago. But it does not work anymore with the newly cleaned UI where other PP types are hidden.

JHinkle
11-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I just did it myself and works as designed.

Please re-look at your steps --- I think you must be missing a step.

Joe

JHinkle
11-07-2013, 12:59 PM
You were not specific on WHICH type of PixelPlane you were working with.

I do all my testing with MegaTree. Never say an issue.

I thought about ... what if he is using a Vertical Matrix ... so I tried that one and found an issue.

Version 16Y addresses it.

Thanks.

Joe

jlowe
11-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Joe, I'm having issues with this as well.
Using version 17F.

I click to create the channels and assign to a pixelplane.
I enter the number of strings and the number of pixels.
Click calculate.
Then click OK.
I do not get prompted to assign the type of pixelplane. Then, if I assign that pixelplane to a display group and attempt to do an HLS pixelplane effect, I get an error that no type has been assigned.

habbosrus
11-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I used 17f over the weekend. I have finished my sequencing for this year but then started to think of some new elements (possibly next year), so I played around in HLS. I added 2 different Pixel Planes. One using Mega Tree and one using Vertical Matrix. When creating them, I too didn't get prompted to assign type. However, I just went back into Pixel Plane Manager and assigned them. All worked ok in preview.

habbosrus
11-10-2013, 08:39 PM
One thing I didn't mention was I set these up as arches in preview but assigned them as mega tree and vertical matrix. The effects look great. I used HLS Pixel Plane editor and Nutcracker effects and wished I had thought of it sooner. Tonight I will be trying to make some arches out of 2811 strip to see if I can manage to get them into my show for this year. It shouldn't take much to add these to my sequences :ohno:

jlowe
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I used 17f over the weekend. I have finished my sequencing for this year but then started to think of some new elements (possibly next year), so I played around in HLS. I added 2 different Pixel Planes. One using Mega Tree and one using Vertical Matrix. When creating them, I too didn't get prompted to assign type. However, I just went back into Pixel Plane Manager and assigned them. All worked ok in preview.

I see what you are saying. If I click manage channels, manage pixelplane, I THEN get prompted for assigning a type. But this, to me, is unexpected behavior. I would expect the way it was done before, where, I assign type at the same time that I create the pixel plane. Thanks for the help!

Edit: spoke too soon. I hit to manage the pixelplane, then select megatree or matrix, click done, but still get the same error message.

JHinkle
11-10-2013, 10:06 PM
You have to go in twice to complete the process.

I worked for hours trying to make it a one pass process but no cigar.

So ... first time you define the size of the PP but NOT its type.

Second time in --- define it's type.

Joe