PDA

View Full Version : Failed Acquiring Com port 3 pointer HELP!!!!!!!!

rush44oh1
11-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Show goes live tonight i keep kicking my self for not testing this before but when i create a playlist then try to play the play list i get this error Failed to acquiring com port 3 pointer. i have tried different pc's and different com ports on both machines. i am dead in water and have 50 people coming over tonight to see the show. if i just open an sequence and click on enable output and hit play it all works fine only get this error on trying to put in play list.

Sorry forgot to put this is HLS

angus40
11-23-2012, 05:23 AM
When you created your playlist were the sequences set to output on a com port before you exported illumination data ?

if not , i don't believe hls will know where to output the data to. i have not confirmed this however , but i was able to export the data with no output protocols selected .

you may need to redo your playlist with the com selected prior to exporting the data .

hope this helps in time .

rush44oh1
11-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Yes I had all the cons selected before exporting then I created play list

JHinkle
11-23-2012, 09:37 AM
That error message says you have not told me how to setup the Com port.

The first menu selection under Output - lets you define the Com port.

Joe

rush44oh1
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Joe
I have the com ports setup. I even opened the export file to make sure it shows my com port # and baud rate I am using. This is a show computer I will try to create a sequence on the this computer just to test. And see if that makes a difference
Thanks

JHinkle
11-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I think I found the issue - I think I fixed it in version 8B.

Please try 8B and let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Joe

rush44oh1
11-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Joe
All seems to be good now thanks for you hard work and efforts
what a wonderfull software show has been running for a couple of hours with out any problems
Dave

Henedce
11-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Having a similar issue .
In the individual sequence when outputting the Renard controller works fine, but when I export to playlist and then play the list the renard controller does not work .
No errors come up it just doesnt light ?

Edit Im using 8b

rush44oh1
11-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Hendece
before Joe got the issues fixed i converted all my renards to dmx and used the spare output on my 681 to drive them. i did try his fix to the extent i could,I loaded it made a schedule and did not get the error message so i thought it worked. i guess it did not. I have no way to actually test to see if it works,

Joe i am sorry for the confusion this may have caused since no error thought it was good to go.

jrock64
11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Having a similar issue.

Try disabeling all the E1.31 outputs.
Only have the comm ports active and see what it does.

Joel

JHinkle
11-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I issue I addressed was the error "Failed Acquiring ....".

Can you blink lights while in sequence edit mode?

If so --- will they blink in Show mode? It is a different output function.

If no in any case - please enable output debugging file so we can look at the data being sent.

COM Renard is different then COM DMX.

Please state which one you are attempting to do.

I'm off to a wedding - so I will check responses later tonight.

Joe

Henedce
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
In sequence edit mode I can play the whole sequence and both the E131 and renard controllers work fine.
In show mode the renard does not work but the e131 works fine.
I tried just using Renard protocol
In sequence edit mode it works fine when outputting and can manually turn each channel on/off
In show mode no output at all.
I have attached screenshot of the show screen

and screenshot of the debug file

JHinkle
11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Henedce:

Can you provide the first minute debug file from output edit mode and show mode.

By comparing the two, I will be able to tell what needs to be addressed.

Thanks.

Joe

Henedce
11-24-2012, 08:58 PM
See attached files Joe.
Show mode only has what I took a screenshot of in it but I redid it anyway.

JHinkle
11-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for your help.

I think I found and fixed the issue.

Version 8C should now work.

Please provide feedback.

Joe

Henedce
11-24-2012, 11:13 PM
downloading now will let you know in 5 minutes

Henedce
11-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Works perfectly now ..
Thankyou Joe

rush44oh1
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Joe
I switched my gear back to serial today due to issues with my cables was not carrying the dmx data properly. Just wanted to let you know 8d works like a charm is outputting to renards on com 1 @115200 baud and my pixels on e1.31. Thank you for the hard work the last few days is there a way to donate to you for your hard work?