PDA

View Full Version : 7Y Segment Perform Action on Group Chase

injury
11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
When I have a group showing several segments with groupings of effect and I want to nudge making a chase using "Perform Action on Selected Group" I click the lower right and the selection box expands but nothing else seems to happen. If I do the top left like I was moving them all that does move all as expected.

JHinkle
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
When I have a group showing several segments with groupings of effect and I want to nudge making a chase using "Perform Action on Selected Group" I click the lower right and the selection box expands but nothing else seems to happen. If I do the top left like I was moving them all that does move all as expected.

I'll have to check --- the group chase was designed for simple effects (Level, RampUp, RampDown).

Chase with complex effects (Grouped Effects) is done when you place them. You draw your selection box - when you place a complex effect --- there are placement options ... Twinkle, Shimmer --- and CHASE.

It may have been too complex to allow complex effects in the group Chase selection --- I'll look when I get a chance.

Joe

injury
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I can manually move for what I'm wanting to do so no biggie.

Basicly I'm doing a kind of single color chase ramp up, hold, ramp down from top to bottom of the entire display. I Broke things into segments since I figured as I worked down through arches from middle top to bottom one segment placement for each group across all arches and I'd be done. Also I have some strands hanging like icicles but due to saving wire they are actually a zig zag as far as output channels go.