Thread: A stand / mount for enclosures

Post Thanks / Like

Default A stand / mount for enclosures

What's the easiest way to build a stand for the TA-200 / CG-1000 enclosures? I'm thinking of just mounting them to painted wood stakes but wanted to know if there was a better option. Thinking I may strap the CG1000 to the mega tree pole at the base.

Thank you.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A stand / mount for enclosures

CG-1000 .. I used 6" hose clamps. There are spots on the back of the enclosure, where you would break/cut through, and run the steel strap of the clamp.
    Wrapped the pole with a layer of craft foam, and then tightened the clamp.

My TA-200's are screwed to sharpened lengths of 3/4" (might be 1/2" .. don't recall) PVC conduit. The conduit is used as a stake.
    I'd upload a photo, but I think there may still be issues with attachments in the Forums.
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Pearland, Tx (sometimes) and anywhere on the globe the rest of the time
    Post Thanks / Like

I use landscaping stakes for the TA-200s
    WLC Ventures is now Radiant Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I use scraps of 1/2 PVC conduit sharpened on one end. I drill pilot holes to match up with the Tabs on the TA-200s. Then I just use 3/4" drywall screws to hold the box on the homemade stake. If you don't have any scraps, A Piece of 1/2" conduit is only 90 cents and you could make 6 or seven out of one piece. Not sure what Scrap I'll have left after my new additions, but you are welcome to that as well. I got tired of kicking the pieces around my shop and through out a bunch of PVC over the summer. Otherwise you could swing buy and pick it up. Works great.

I also use the stakes for the CG1000 and CG2000's. I just use two of them. I wasn't smart enough to figure out that I could screw conduit clamps on the back so I used wireties and I had a notch cut in the stake to keep it from sliding. It worked well, but I will be switching all of them to the strap method. Still using PVC Scraps though.

Kelly

Kelly

Heading into my 5th season in 2013

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean you cut through the back of the enclosure into the area where the controller is mounted or you cut slots into the mounting tabs on the back/outside of the enclosure? As always, a picture is priceless if you're able to post one. I've got 10 of these things I need to somehow mount and I've been going back and forth with what to do but know that I don't want to drill/cut into the enclosure space as I feel it defeats the purpose of having an enclosure. Water can and will find a way to get inside.

Thanks,

-joni-

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    CG-1000 .. I used 6" hose clamps. There are spots on the back of the enclosure, where you would break/cut through, and run the steel strap of the clamp.
    Wrapped the pole with a layer of craft foam, and then tightened the clamp.

My TA-200's are screwed to sharpened lengths of 3/4" (might be 1/2" .. don't recall) PVC conduit. The conduit is used as a stake.
    I'd upload a photo, but I think there may still be issues with attachments in the Forums.
    2013 Plans: Convert to pixels!
    http://amistosolights.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would post a picture if I could..

On the back are two large table, which angle slightly (designed to go up against a pole).
    With my hand-dandy dremel, I carved out a slot on either side of those tabs. This allows
    the hose clamp to slide through and out again (spending all of about 2" inside the box).

Once I'm happy with the location I can fill all the gaps with hot glue (easy to do from the
    inside as well.. ).

Did my description make any sense?
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a medium screwdriver on either side of the pole-mount tab thingy and give it a pop on both sides - makes a perfect slot. The zip tie nearly fills in the hole completely so there isn't much to fill in.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

I put eye bolts on each mounting tab, then slip them over 3/8 rebar, one zip tie holds it in place.

Joel
    If I no longer count channels... but instead say I have over 12 universes... Is that too many

Post Thanks / Like

I like this approach - keeps the inside of the enclosure intact.

Thanks,

-joni-

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    I just use a medium screwdriver on either side of the pole-mount tab thingy and give it a pop on both sides - makes a perfect slot. The zip tie nearly fills in the hole completely so there isn't much to fill in.
    2013 Plans: Convert to pixels!
    http://amistosolights.com