No video out only audio in remote setup V7.5

TomsLEDs

Supporting Member
Have added a 2nd RP4 setup in remote mode. When I play the video file that is on both PI's, I get sound but not video on the projector. I can see video output on the screen when it boots and have set output on both HDMI ports but the problem is the same on each. I have FPP 7.5 on both. I can see the file stats syncing on both players and can change the volume level on the remote, but no video. Tried 3 different mp4 files with the same result. ??

Attachments

• Remote PI Video.png
    Remote PI Video.png
    174 KB · Views: 10
So I received no help from anyone, maybe because not a lot are thinking about this years show this early in the year. Anyhow I ended up putting both Pi's in player mode and tried different settings until I got the original Pi to play a video. Then I mirrored the 2nd (remote) Pi with the same settings and was able to get the test video to play on both. I don't understand why the same video did not play on default settings? Then I wanted the master not to play video while the remote did, and that was easy by disabling HDMI output on the Player; but sound is still there on both. This may not be a problem as long as it fits in the sequence. Now for remote trigger from Vixen.

So I received no help from anyone, maybe because not a lot are thinking about this years show this early in the year. Anyhow I ended up putting both Pi's in player mode and tried different settings until I got the original Pi to play a video. Then I mirrored the 2nd (remote) Pi with the same settings and was able to get the test video to play on both. I don't understand why the same video did not play on default settings? Then I wanted the master not to play video while the remote did, and that was easy by disabling HDMI output on the Player; but sound is still there on both. This may not be a problem as long as it fits in the sequence. Now for remote trigger from Vixen.

Another note: Just because a video will play in the File Manage view mode does not mean it will play on the Pi!

Back