Best place to get some quality LED strips in black for permanent house outline ?

ronaldpa2

Hello been away from the hobby for over 10 years wondering whats the place to get LED strips in black as my house facia is black . Thank you in advance !!!!

Ali.

However, Gilbert offers this black bullet pixel trim: https://gilbertengineeringusa.com/products/hd-pixel-trim-kits?variant=32067696885862

A lot of people prefer the bullets over the LED strips for the side of your house, because pixels go out and the bullets are easier to repair. With this black trim, the color of your bullet pixels won't matter much. However, in defense of the LED strips, the WS2815 LED strips do help somewhat to improve reliability. MHO, if you choose to continue with the LED strips, then order more than you need, so you can cut and replace entire strips in case they go out. WS2815 currently goes for $20 per 5 meters. A couple years ago it used to be $30. Another important thing to look for are the 4-pin solderless LED strip connectors. Something like these guys:

Thank you for your assistance. What happen to this place use to be always full of people? So quiet in here now . Seems lots of people I spoke to are not even around ?
Ali.

However, Gilbert offers this black bullet pixel trim: https://gilbertengineeringusa.com/products/hd-pixel-trim-kits?variant=32067696885862

A lot of people prefer the bullets over the LED strips for the side of your house, because pixels go out and the bullets are easier to repair. With this black trim, the color of your bullet pixels won't matter much. However, in defense of the LED strips, the WS2815 LED strips do help somewhat to improve reliability. MHO, if you choose to continue with the LED strips, then order more than you need, so you can cut and replace entire strips in case they go out. WS2815 currently goes for $20 per 5 meters. A couple years ago it used to be $30. Another important thing to look for are the 4-pin solderless LED strip connectors. Something like these guys:

e

Thank you for your assistance. What happen to this place use to be always full of people? So quiet in here now . Seems lots of people I spoke to are not even around ?
Yes.
I find most activity on the Official xLights Support Group (Facebook). Plus the other 10's of groups.
Discord groups for DrZZs and QuinLED have daily action for pixel lighting. WLED Discord group is also very active.
AusChristmasLighting forum (same forum software used here from the update) has about the same activity as here (DIYC forum).

On the Facebook groups I think it's turning very 'plug and play', 'commercialized'.
Many vendors in the USA/CA advertise there and very few posts of DIY props are posted.

Back