Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Welcome... we typically meet a few times a year. There are a lot of active and highly-involved enthusiasts on the Front Range. I'm in Lone Tree (Park Meadows Mall), my dad (PK85) is in Arvada. We use a combination of Lynx Expresses and hubs and Falcon controllers.
    Last edited by mms; 08-12-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Pre 2011 - Mr. Christmas 6 Channel
    2011 - 25 DMX Channels with ~2700 lights
    2012 - 1106 DMX/Pixel Channels with 5348 lights and 394 pixels

Like us on Facebook for behind the scenes content and year round updates! [url]http://www.facebook.com/LoneTreeLightShow[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum ANGERMGT!

Like mms said there are usually a few group meetups a few times per year...these are well worth going to if you can make it. (next one is not yet scheduled, but maybe sometime in the fall)
    24 Ch/486dx 33mhz PC

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great I will be at the next meeting. And if anyone has an old controller laying around for cheap let me know what you want for it. I am playing with VIxen 3 right now and planning my addiction/ Attack for this coming Halloween and Christmas..

Rural Colorado, just East of the Denver Metro.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm east of town and used Vixen 3 last year and will be again this year. I'm running really behind this year, but hope to make the next meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and fairly new to this psychosis called holiday lighting. I live in West Denver and currently only run a Halloween light show. It's pretty simple, 1- 16ch LOR controller, 1- 8ch LOR RGB controller and 1 - 9ch HolidayCoro RGB controller all run with LOR S3 software - none of which are maxxed out. I'm wanting to expand into controlling prop motors/linear actuators/pneumatic cyliners and start doing a Christmas display but I've kinda hit a brick wall. LOR stuff is so expensive and I don't know anything about most of the DIY options. I would be very interested in meeting others in the area willing to help teach an old dummy a few new tricks.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum msjones2452 !
    There are a number of CO members here, & lots of knowledge on DIY options (can't help myself, as I'm using something of my own creation, but its also really old/out of date)
    Its well worth going to one of the meetups if you can make it (I haven't heard when the next one is though)
    24 Ch/486dx 33mhz PC

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone in CO running Vixen 3 with Pixles? If so would you be willing to entertain me and a 6 pack of beer/soda so I can see how you have set it up?

I have a SS16, I very quickly put together for this year. But next year I am planning on adding pixles and would like to see how you have it wired up.

I am assuming I need to transfer to a e1.31 Bridge to control the pixles as all of the pixle drivers do not run off of the Renard protocal.

Thanks and good luck this year.

Rural Colorado, just East of the Denver Metro.
    Post Thanks / Like

I run Vixen 3 and am running GECE pixels off of it. I'd be willing to show you, but My show is not all set up at the moment. Because of some issues, it's just going to be more of a static display with a few elements that (like the pixels) that are programmed to change colors or shimmer a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a new member from Aurora. Veteran of HomeSeer home automation, new to holiday lighting control. Nothing going this year, but may try for 2015. Likely Vixen 3, San Devices boards, smart pixels, dumb RGB strips, LED strings and DMX RGB devices.

I'll keep an eye on this forum for future meetings. I also would be interested in seeing some homes that are doing shows in the Denver metro area.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a new member to "DIYC", although I have browsed from time to time in the past. I though I would post a quick introduction to myself in this thread. My name is Mike, and I have been doing a large Christmas display (and some Halloween in the past) for about 15 years, in Greeley. The display has been computer/synchronized (FM broadcast to music) for the last 10 years. Our display name is the Greeley Grizwalds. The last year our display consisted of over 150,000 lights and about 340 D-Light controller channels (most non-RGB type - "old school"). I have gone to a couple of the Colorado Christmas light group meetings in the past, but that was several years ago (meet "XmasLightGuy" there, and later bought a decoration from him too). SO, that is my story, hope to meet some of you in person this year at one of the meetings. Here is our website (a bit out of date, but I plan on re-doing it this year with new videos): www.thegreeleygrizwalds.com Also, our 2016 videos can be found here: https://vimeo.com/user1130551

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast