Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Milliken, CO

Hello fellow Coloradoans! I live in Milliken (near Greeley) and animated my house for the first time this year. I am loving every minute of it too! Here are some links to what I have done so far. You can visit my website at www.technolojay.com and click the Christmas Lights link to see more and get a map and directions if you'd like to see them live.

http://www.youtube.com/user/technolo.../2/AGGD3qtgf9w

http://www.youtube.com/user/technolo.../1/aF6vGGCvN0U

- Jay

www.technolojay.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Milliken, CO

Welcome JustJay! I saw your garage earlier and loved it. Nicely done!!!
    I am brand new, without an automated display yet. But I have plenty of time to plan.
    I look forward to more from you.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com\lightsonbarrelrace"]Click here for Lights on Barrel Race
    [/URL]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    2012: Added LED Bethlehem Star, nine FAST tubes to the mix, and three LED floods, and an RDS to the mix.
    More channels and lights too!![/FONT][/COLOR]
    2011: Running 168 channels with arches, inflatables with LEDs, and of course....about 16,000 lights!
    2010: 2 Renard SS8ís and 2 Renard SS16's, and about 6000 lights
    2009: Just a small 1200 light static display

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Hi all

Dont know if any of you log into Planet Christmas..I flop back and forth... but Im hosting a get together for other coloradians.

Its going to be held in thornton (very north denver)(136th and hwy 25) on July 31. We have total DYIers and commericial controller users and lots inbetween.

If you want more info PM me

scott
    05 1000 mini lights with factory controllers on string
    06 added 1200 mini static in trees
    07 added "Mr Christmas" 100 C9 & 1100 more mini
    08 With a lot of help from DIYC will add a GRINCH 48 channel mega tree (9600 mini) DIY 3 channel 6' dia wreath (1800 mini) & 14 snowflakes on roof

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by kiowamike View Post
    Sorry I am not eligible to join this group any more. I used to be stationed at Ft. Carson and loved every second of it.
    I live in Reno now myself but was born in the Springs and grew up in Widefield. Right by Ft. Carson. Small world.

Leon
    [url]http://www.vixenlights.com/download/vixen_2(2)/banners/vixensig256.gif[/url]
    [url=http://sawmillchristmas.com]sawmillchristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Mario. I just joined DIYC and im loving it. I currently only have a static display w about 3500 lights. I live in Greeley. Ive been thinking about going big now for about two years. Its starting to become a passion of mine. The only problem i have is the money part. So im looking into all DIY. As i read thru, I see i have alot of learning to do. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Hooligans View Post
    Hi, my name is Mario. I just joined DIYC and im loving it. I currently only have a static display w about 3500 lights. I live in Greeley. Ive been thinking about going big now for about two years. Its starting to become a passion of mine. The only problem i have is the money part. So im looking into all DIY. As i read thru, I see i have alot of learning to do. :D
    Welcome to DIYC, HH! You've found the right place -- and you can suffer with the rest of us about the money part!!!

I'll bet your static display with 3500 lights looks great -- and you'll have all kinds of fun thinking about the possibilities of animating it... and... of course... you'll start reciting the DIY mantra...

"I need more lights.... I need more lights... I need more lights..."

Go ahead, get it over with... start reciting it now...

Welcome to the fun that never ends!

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mario (and everyone else that is new).

As dirknerkle suggested - start reciting the mantra now. Sooner or later you will make the realization that you DO need MORE lights!

I think all of us have some worries or concerns over the "money part". (Again it comes back to the mantra - need more lights). But I found that over a couple of years I keep adding and building and that helps to spread the costs. Plus it gives visitors a reason to keep coming back each year as you keep adding new display elements.

Welcome aboard to all - and merry Christmas to everyone.

-Robert.
    Lakewood, CO

Post Thanks / Like

Keith here in Pueblo...Think I might be the only Puebloan?
    Just in process of upgrading from parallel port 8 relays to RenSS24 - bought today!

very few lights to start, so looking for LED sales when I can...Just missed this after-Christmas clearance season, but I guess that means I just won't jump in with all 24 channels at once!
    2009-10 - Vixen+relays (8 ch no dim)
    2011 - Vixen + Ren24SS
    2012 - Vixen + 2*Ren24SS

Post Thanks / Like

Hi:
    I'm an old Coloradoan. Retired in 1991 from the State of Colorado-Telecommunications Div.

I spend the winters in Yuma, AZ and come back to Colorado and bum around the state in the summer.
    [B][I][U]Idun[/U][/I][/B]

[IMG]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/152/136.gif[/IMG]

[B]Lotsa' Patience![/B] (Some days you can't win, the others you lose, and forget about the rest)

[B]Some mornings I wake up GRUMPY and other days I let her sleep![/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Coloradian Blinky's. I live in Colorado Springs and have animated my display starting with 2008. My display has grown to 192 channels using only Ren 16's that I've purchased and built with the help this Do it Yourself Christmas website. Check out some old videos by searching YouTube for "Oatman Christmas".

I'm at 1263 Shrider Road if you want to stop by.

Have a Great Season Everyone!!
    Bob

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast