Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ren24LV and the SSREz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ren24LV and the SSREz

I am having a difficult time understanding where my issue is trying to dim (without flickering) using my Ren24LV in combination with the new SSREz. Has anyone actually used this combination yet? I get a flickering at any intensity value under ~80% all the way down. No flickering at 100% at all. My SSREzs have the triacs oriented with the tabs toward the inside of the board (opposite the screening) so I think I am okay there. Maybe I just need a better understanding of the Ren24LV. I am taking the Renard-20071229.asm file and making two edits for use in my Ren24LV with SSREzs connected:

#define PWM_build 0
    changing to
    #define PWM_build 1

and
    #define OUTPUT_NEGATIVE_TRUE
    (I am removing this line all together)

With this setup I get all 4 red LEDs on the Ren24LV to light but I don't seem to have any control of the board via the RS485. With the PICs that cause the flickering I communicate fine but I don't get the results I desire.

Has anyone actually used this setup?

PS: same lights dim as expected using my standard Ren24s.
    Last edited by Virtus; 11-26-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ren24LV and the SSREz

I have 23 SSR EZ's connected to Ren24 LV's They are boards that have both individual LEDs and also SSR's on them.

Hardware is configured as follows - external 5v supply, DB102 removed, transformer connected, and H11AA11 installed.

I am using this firmware to run them.

http://www.kostyun.com/FIRMWARE/Rena...24LV-DC-ZC.zip

Post Thanks / Like

Virtus. Built up a SSRez over the weekend and had it testing for a day or so and no flicker.
    More channels then I can use.
    More light bulbs then I care count.
    [url]http://www.vimeo.com/user1106747/videos[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Rich. I was able to 'harvest' some of the EZs from the snow this weekend but your test leads me to believe I need to look more closely at the LV rather than the EZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Thanks, Rich. I was able to 'harvest' some of the EZs from the snow this weekend but your test leads me to believe I need to look more closely at the LV rather than the EZ.

Any chance you have the wrong ZC chip? (I did this on one board once.. )
    There's a similarily numbered part that works for DC not AC, thus you only get ZC 50% of the time. H11A1 vs H11A11 (as I recall..)

Post Thanks / Like

I will double check. Thanks for the idea. I suspect that is what Frank was alluding to above, too, upon second reading.

Post Thanks / Like

What firmware are you using.

I see you selected PWM enabled so why not disable PWM since your running all incandescent lights.
    More channels then I can use.
    More light bulbs then I care count.
    [url]http://www.vimeo.com/user1106747/videos[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

The issue was firmware. I spent several hours programming and testing many versions until I got a set of 6 PICs that behave just as they should. This is going to make for a lot more channels this year...48 more actually!

Post Thanks / Like

Reviving an old thread looking for help. I ordered up a couple of Ren24LV's from Radiant and got them built last weekend. I'm struggling to get a firmware built that works with this board. Frank's site is no longer hosting the firmware and I can't get the right settings to get Vixen to communicate with the boards. I have tried out making changes similar to this thread on the renard-20071229.asm without any success. I do have the diagnostic firmware (ren-diag-20070815a.asm) working...up to the point of communicating with the PC. Then I have channel 6 on regardless of whether I'm sending a Vixen signal or not. I tried out the same diagnostic firmware and Vixen setup with a Ren24 and everything works so I suspect I have some tweaking to do in the firmware to make it work with the LV.

Does anyone have a working asm or settings that they could share that might help me out? I'm running the transformer - so it's AC and I'm driving DirkCheap SSRs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSPBimmer View Post
    Reviving an old thread looking for help. I ordered up a couple of Ren24LV's from Radiant and got them built last weekend. I'm struggling to get a firmware built that works with this board. Frank's site is no longer hosting the firmware and I can't get the right settings to get Vixen to communicate with the boards. I have tried out making changes similar to this thread on the renard-20071229.asm without any success. I do have the diagnostic firmware (ren-diag-20070815a.asm) working...up to the point of communicating with the PC. Then I have channel 6 on regardless of whether I'm sending a Vixen signal or not. I tried out the same diagnostic firmware and Vixen setup with a Ren24 and everything works so I suspect I have some tweaking to do in the firmware to make it work with the LV.

Does anyone have a working asm or settings that they could share that might help me out? I'm running the transformer - so it's AC and I'm driving DirkCheap SSRs.
    Looking at the Wiki page for the Ren24LV you need to make the changes to the ASM file listed under the Firmware heading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast