Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wire frames - How to make

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lombard, IL
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wire frames - How to make

    Quote Originally Posted by fkostyun View Post
    Mine are made with 1/8" wire - but - I found that I couldn't just "bend the wire" and have it hold the shape when any sort of heat was applied to it (to weld the pieces together)

    I ended up going to harbor freight (cheap chinese tools) and getting a ring roller, so I could roll the metal into a ring.

    Frank,

    Where do you get your wire from. I'm thinking of a wreath idea that is made entirely out of lights. Simular to the leapping light arch but instead of wrapping the lights around a pipe I want to loop them back and fourth between the two rings that make up the wreath. I'm thinking that 1/8" is too thin to support so I may go to either 1/4" of 3/8". Just looking for some help or ideas from the experts.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wire frames - How to make

    I have acquired a bunch of nice steel wire for free.
    At the end of an election day, I gather up all the political signs, recycle the plastic banners and keep the steel frame!

    Spring voting season is next month!


    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Frank,

    Where do you get your wire from. I'm thinking of a wreath idea that is made entirely out of lights. Simular to the leapping light arch but instead of wrapping the lights around a pipe I want to loop them back and fourth between the two rings that make up the wreath. I'm thinking that 1/8" is too thin to support so I may go to either 1/4" of 3/8". Just looking for some help or ideas from the experts.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wire frames - How to make

    Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    I have acquired a bunch of nice steel wire for free.
    At the end of an election day, I gather up all the political signs, recycle the plastic banners and keep the steel frame!

    Spring voting season is next month!
    Careful! If Ohio election laws are anything like Illinois, removing/taking campaign signs at any time without permission is a crime, punishable by fine and prison, as the sign remains the property of the candidate's campaign committee, regardless of the property where they are located before, during and after the election.

    Signs cost me thousands of dollars for my campaign. Many candidates, including myself, save their old signs to use for when they run for office again. Others don't care about their signs as they have no intention of running again.
    -Chaz
    From the "small" town of Naperville, Illinois USA
    My wife says, "You want to do what !?"

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wire frames - How to make

    Oh, man, Idun, your sign-off joke about waking Grumpy really cracked me up! Thanks for the belly laugh! Sometimes the little things in life are best
    Mroe6

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lebanon, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    2,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Wire frames - How to make

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Many candidates, including myself, save their old signs to use for when they run for office again. Others don't care about their signs as they have no intention of running again.
    Some of us keep our old campaign signs, prominently displayed in the garage, to remind ourselves that this status was self inflicted.

    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •