Announcing Beta1: MegaTreeMaker
Just in time for last minute vixen sequencing!
Purpose of this application:
This application will generate multi-channel, multi-color pattern sequences for use in MegaTree (and other) sequencing, and paste them to the clipboard for insertion into your Vixen 2.5+ sequence.
The primary objective in creating these sequences was to make them highly “musical”. There’s nothing (ok, almost nothing) cooler than a megatree that sequences exactly to the beat of the music. With current cut/paste operations, it’s difficult to re-use existing sequences as every song has a different BPM (Beat per Minute) This app solves that problem!
Beta1 Limitations: (what?, it’s not perfect?)
1. There is no error checking on values entered, or on configuration file reading…don’t be surprised by exception errors!
2. There's a limit to the number of channels...if it crashes, you've probably entered too many...try doing fewer colors...
3. The patterns output are dependant on the color choices entered in the config program
4. The transitions between iterations are not perfect at this time, you may need to do a bit of clean up...
1. Patterns are defined in an XML configuration file. Feel free to add more and send them to me!
2. Patterns are graphically illustrated and also include a text description. (Note: the "Multi" color is not illustrated at this time, but it is output if you've got them)
3. “Beat” measurement can be input in either ticks (if you’ve calculated yourself), or by a direct BPM measurement. If you know the BPM of a song, use that for a more accurate representation…or run your audio file through software to determine it’s BPM (There’s several FREE options for this).
4. Inverted patterns are as simple as one click!
5. Able to specify what value to use for “full on” or “full Off” to create interesting effects.
6. Use the "iterations" field to define how many times you'd like a given pattern to repeat.
Simply copy the application and the MT.XML file to the same folder on your machine, and run!...it runs independently of Vixen at this time, but you can paste it’s output into Vixen very easily.
This app is written using .NET 3.5. You must have this installed prior to running this app.
Special thanks to Mike over at landolights.com for letting me use his pattern layouts, names and descriptions to get started!
Fire it up and let me know what you think!!!
Most recent BETA attached to THIS POST!