Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux Ubuntu 9.04 with Vixen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Linux Ubuntu 9.04 with Vixen

It appears you missed the final command for that..

$ sh winetricks corefonts dotnet20

dont forget to run your updater to install any patches.

I've added a new partition on my HD and I am installing Karmic tonight (9.10) and will repeat the process

Karmic is a bit glitchy so I'm not eager to completely overwrite Jaunty at this point.
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

I left the dotnet20 off the end because I had already installed it manually. But, after re-running the command with the dotnet20, it appears to be working fine. During the installation of dotnet20, it appeared to have failed and wanted to rollback, but the rollback command isn't supported. Vixen is up and running right now and I'm in the middle of putting together a test sequence. When I have time (seem to only play with this right before bed), I will add the 8-chan 595 plugin and test it with my Grinch.

Post Thanks / Like

See if you encounter any grief with cut and paste (Ctrl C and Ctrl V) commands as well as the Adjustable Preview.

Renard (modified) plugin seems happy and I'm watching a sequence fire off with no issues so far.

Generic Serial work too.

Sound may be an issue for a few.. ALSA drivers seem to be flakey
    Cheers!
    Steve

My weather today

Post Thanks / Like

Copy/Paste seem to be working fine. Adjustable preview seems to be working fine as well.

But, what doesn't work.. is using the arrow keys when sequencing. Not only can I not move around, but you can't highlight an section, and move around with that section. When you try to hit left or right, it's trying to resize the channel list column size.

Oh.. but if you click into the channel list column, it releases that focus, and the arrow keys work. So, if you highlight a section, click in the channel list column, and then hit the arrow keys, you can move your selection around as it should.

Edit: Maybe I spoke to soon. I was just changing the channel properties (colors) and it appears to have locked up.. 100% cpu till it crashed. I reloaded, changed the colors fine.. saved, started copy/pasting, and it locked/crashed again. So.. it works.. but you have to save often. ;)

I get a lot of these:
    fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 9 not supported yet

and when it crashed, it ended with this:
    fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\PCHealth\\ErrorRep\\QSignoff" 1 -2147483644 (nil) (nil) 0x13af04 (nil)
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} not registered
    err:ole:create_server class {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} could be created for context 0x5

Edit some more: Well, I loaded the sequence and set it to loop.. hit the run.. and watched what would happen. Now, on this laptop (again, 900Mhz with 512MB RAM) it is blatantly lagging in the preview. It's still running as I type this without crashing, but the CPU is at 100%.. so I'm guessing it's a horsepower issue for me. Heck, Xorg keeps my machine running at 2 - 11% CPU utilisation under normal load.

Oh.. it doesn't refresh the background window, so I can't seem to stop the sequence now that my browser has been in front of it. When I minimize, I get the preview updating and that's it. :/
    Last edited by dslynx; 01-08-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a tad curious why your using Wine?

Vixen uses .NET so it should run fine in Mono.
    That gives you the benefit of running it without API emulation, and you can debug it.

Note: I havent looked at Vixen at all yet. I could be missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried using mono but Vixen was not playing along as it was looking for a specific .Net builds before it would run.

I'll try it again with just Mono when I format the Ubuntu machine again in a few days,
    Cheers!
    Steve

My weather today

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to bump old threads but I hope an exception can be made here.

Has any progress been made on getting Vixen to run on Ubuntu?
    DIYC Links:
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php"]Christmas Wiki[/URL] | [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/addonchat.php"]Chat[/URL]

Ricky, Jrd

"With great power comes great electricity bill." - Unknown Electricity Consumer
    "Your significance in life is not what you do, but how and why you do something." - Unknown Minister
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2012
    City float for Parade of Lights with:
    Fm-02 + Wall Wart Tamer
    2 Ren4Flood + DIYCFlood + Ren-W in 500 Watt enclosure
    2 Simple Renard 32
    15 SSROZ
    2 24 Channel RBW LED Ropelight Midi Trees out of artificial Christmas trees.

<a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show/hide my past display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">2011
    Renard 24 v3.3 100%
    FM-02 with antenna 100%
    16' 8 channel Multi-color + Clear Megatree 100%</div>[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

the way i do it is running vixen off a windows laptop, an remote vnc to it from my ubunto box.
    otherwise i had too many different errors with ubuntu an windows .NET that vixen needs installed to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrd View Post
    I hate to bump old threads but I hope an exception can be made here.

Has any progress been made on getting Vixen to run on Ubuntu?
    Over 50000ch last yr

Post Thanks / Like

All I used was end disk wrapper and it worked perfectly...No errors..I upgraded to Kosmic Koloha and I'm awaiting the new release as well which goes live at midnight on the 29th of april..So far for me end disk wrapper allowes me to run anything that normally runs under windows...Alot like wine but not nearly as hard to configure and is more reliable..
    Last edited by Warlock; 04-21-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: more info
    This is the year for my Mom.She passed away Feb 12 2012 and this year is dedicated to her and her memory.I will finally have it all finished and set to music all for her as I promised.Heres to you Mom (Dec 10,1944 - Feb 12,2012.I love you...

Now on the web [URL="http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/"]http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smartalec View Post
    the way i do it is running vixen off a windows laptop, an remote vnc to it from my ubunto box.
    otherwise i had too many different errors with ubuntu an windows .NET that vixen needs installed to run.
    That would work fine if you just prefer to use a linux (or mac for that point) desktop instead of windows but what I am looking for is a way to run Vixen on linux so it can be more easily controlled by Zone Minder to run a security sequence. Not that I should need it since my display sits back from the road half a mile and it will probably only be for family and friends but I want to try it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    All I used was end disk wrapper and it worked perfectly...No errors..I upgraded to Kosmic Koloha and I'm awaiting the new release as well which goes live at midnight on the 29th of april..So far for me end disk wrapper allowes me to run anything that normally runs under windows...Alot like wine but not nearly as hard to configure and is more reliable..
    Can you elaborate on "end disk wrapper" and "Kosmic Koloha" please? I can't find anything quickly online. Is there a website for end disk wrapper? I was not able to find it in the repository on the Ubuntu pc I checked.
    DIYC Links:
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php"]Christmas Wiki[/URL] | [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/addonchat.php"]Chat[/URL]

Ricky, Jrd

"With great power comes great electricity bill." - Unknown Electricity Consumer
    "Your significance in life is not what you do, but how and why you do something." - Unknown Minister
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2012
    City float for Parade of Lights with:
    Fm-02 + Wall Wart Tamer
    2 Ren4Flood + DIYCFlood + Ren-W in 500 Watt enclosure
    2 Simple Renard 32
    15 SSROZ
    2 24 Channel RBW LED Ropelight Midi Trees out of artificial Christmas trees.

<a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show/hide my past display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">2011
    Renard 24 v3.3 100%
    FM-02 with antenna 100%
    16' 8 channel Multi-color + Clear Megatree 100%</div>[/COLOR]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast