Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every test works how do I get vixen to work

Post Thanks / Like

Default Every test works how do I get vixen to work

Every test works how do I get vixen to work? After testing everything thouarly sorry no spell check, Everything works. All channels, Time, Etc. in the BOM. But when I use Vixen and add my sequence, Check it over, And play it, Vixen works. But when I use Helix program I cannot add a sequence. It must be an error on my part but where, How, And why?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Every test works how do I get vixen to work

Quote Originally Posted by maintenanceman38 View Post
    Every test works how do I get vixen to work? After testing everything thouarly sorry no spell check, Everything works. All channels, Time, Etc. in the BOM. But when I use Vixen and add my sequence, Check it over, And play it, Vixen works. But when I use Helix program I cannot add a sequence. It must be an error on my part but where, How, And why?
    Are you trying to operated the Helix in Mode 1 (standalone mode) or Mode 2 (direct control by Vixen)?

If Mode 1 then you have to use the Helix Network Supervisor to convert the Vixen file to a format that Helix can use. To do that you use the Show Builder tab. First you have to set the path to the Vixen v2 Audio using the Settings menu. Second set the show start time and end time using the Set Show Times from the Settings menu. Next navigate to the Vixen Sequence Folder in the left window. Select the sequence you want the Helix to run from the middle window. Double click it or use the arrow buttons to move it to the third window. You can add as many sequences as you want and insert pauses between sequences or at the end of the show. When you are finished, save the show to your hard drive. Once it is saved use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder where you saved it. You should have a folder called Helix System 1. Copy everything inside of this folder to the root directory on your microSD card. This will replace some of the files that you have already stored. Replace the microSD card back in the Helix and wait for the show start time. It should start and stop at your set times.

One thing that you need to know is that when you create your sequences you need to use an event period that is whole multiple of 5, i.e. 50ms, 75ms, 80ms, etc. If you use something like 52ms then Helix will not synch properly.

If Mode 2 then you will need the Helix plugin. I've attached a preliminary one to this post. This one will only work with one system. I will be updating this soon to handle up to two systems.

If you need further help please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gmbartlett; 07-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I did as you asked and thru trial and error it works with one problem. The song starts playing and lights flash on command. After 4 seconds the song sounds garbled and the song quits. Lights still flash untill not programmed any more then the system is silent untill the song restarts. Then I hear the same thing.

Editing this post I let the song play thru while I cooked diner and in the end It plays the entire song, Flashes lights when requested but the entier song is filled with garble, Noise and song. If I play the song thru win. Mp3 it sounds fine what is up because I cannot play this for the public.
    Last edited by maintenanceman38; 07-22-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: adding info

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I did as you asked and thru trial and error it works with one problem. The song starts playing and lights flash on command. After 4 seconds the song sounds garbled and the song quits. Lights still flash untill not programmed any more then the system is silent untill the song restarts. Then I hear the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

curious...how are you hearing the music? Are you transmitting it, or headphones, or amplified speakers? Are you coming off the on-board MP3 player, or the computer?

I'm assuming you are running Mode Two?

If I have it right, everything is working, but after a few seconds, the sound is garbled?

Roger

Post Thanks / Like

I am in mode 1 and using amplified speakers. Even the lights are off sequence. But when I play the song in windows, It is seamless and beautiful. What is wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stymied, hopefully Greg will catch this, and have a response.

Still curious, though. Have you, or can you, play the song off the SD card on your computer? You say it sounds perfect in Windows, but are you playing the copy that's on the computer already, or playing it as it is on the SD card, with a card reader? Does that make sense? I know that I recently moved some songs over from one computer to another, with an SD card, and when I played them on the other computer, they had a LOT of clipping. Then I checked the SD card, and it was on there, too. Had to re-do them on the SD, and then all was ok.

Don't have any idea what it could be, but if the lights are off-sequence, seems like there's a conflict someplace.

I did a very short sequence, when I tried mine the first time. I mean VERY short, but it worked ok (I think...). I'll try one of the longer sequences tomorrow, and see if mine does the same or similar.

Did you do the test sequence that Greg put out, in the manual? If so, how did that work? Did you do it both ways - with it starting immediately, as well as starting at a specific time? How did the music sound on that one?

I'm not trying to say I know what's going on, just trying to find out all the "parameters" I can, on what you are seeing, and how the set up is. Might help on troubleshooting...

R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maintenanceman38 View Post

Editing this post I let the song play thru while I cooked diner and in the end It plays the entire song, Flashes lights when requested but the entier song is filled with garble, Noise and song. If I play the song thru win. Mp3 it sounds fine what is up because I cannot play this for the public.
    I would be interested in seeing the actual files. If you don't mind please email the Vixen sequence you are using, the original MP3 file that Vixen is using and a copy of all of the files on your microSD card to Greg@helixlightcontroller.com

I will look at it and try it out on my Helix system to see if I get similar results.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I got my controller back from Greg yesterday (SD reader was kaput) so I'll give it a whirl tonight also.

Brian
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 51fordf2 View Post
    I'm stymied, hopefully Greg will catch this, and have a response.

Still curious, though. Have you, or can you, play the song off the SD card on your computer? You say it sounds perfect in Windows, but are you playing the copy that's on the computer already, or playing it as it is on the SD card, with a card reader? Does that make sense? I know that I recently moved some songs over from one computer to another, with an SD card, and when I played them on the other computer, they had a LOT of clipping. Then I checked the SD card, and it was on there, too. Had to re-do them on the SD, and then all was ok.

Don't have any idea what it could be, but if the lights are off-sequence, seems like there's a conflict someplace.

I did a very short sequence, when I tried mine the first time. I mean VERY short, but it worked ok (I think...). I'll try one of the longer sequences tomorrow, and see if mine does the same or similar.

Did you do the test sequence that Greg put out, in the manual? If so, how did that work? Did you do it both ways - with it starting immediately, as well as starting at a specific time? How did the music sound on that one?

I'm not trying to say I know what's going on, just trying to find out all the "parameters" I can, on what you are seeing, and how the set up is. Might help on troubleshooting...

R
    Yes I used the test sequence to test all channels except daughter boards because the rj-45 connectors are still on order. But All 32 channels and 32 SSR boards flashed in sequence with the test files. That is why it took me so long to respond, I had much soldering to do. Thankfully after soldering everything, I only had to troubleshoot 3 problems, All were my fault and minor fixes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast