Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 128 Channel PIC Dimmer System

Post Thanks / Like

No, sorry no schematic.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. Pls excuse me if this info's posted somewhere; I couldn't find it.

Any reason why you couldn't build / use just 1 computer interface and 1 field module, then add the ohter 3 field modules later?

"The system is capable of bi-directional communication". What does this get you?

Is a pic programmer required or would you just solder everything together and you're good to go?

I built Sean B's SSR's last year with the help of pictures and board layout diagram, but don't have a lot of experience otherwise. Should I be concerned about the complexity of this?

Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can build one interface and one field module. You can use any combination 1, 2 ,3 or 4 field modules.

Bi-directional communication: Later, someday, there may be firmware upgrade progamming available via software w/o a programmer. And in the future, someone may want to use a channel for an input back to Vixen to trigger some other event. Bi-directional communication is not used now but may be used in the future. Right now, when the field modules boot up, they transmit a module selection signal strength byte (four per field module) to indicate which channel they are assigned to. Vixen ignors this transmission and it could only be used for troubleshooting.

A PIC programmer is required. I have used a cheap one. See the thread:
    JDM $14.99 PIC Programmer

It is as complex (or simple) as the Renard systems. Programming takes the same steps as the Renard, just a different I/C. The programmer has to accept a 40 pin I/C.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for addressing my questions Firegod.

Any chance you could tell me where you got your programmer ($15 + $10 shipping)? I researched and found the following but I'm not sure if it would work; the 18F4245 is not listed on the auction as supported.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Enhance-JDM-PIC-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the one. It looks like they increased the price.

The 18F4525 is supported. I see that the BOM has the wrong description of the I/C but the part number is correct. I'll fix the BOM tonight.

Be sure to use Winpic 800, not Winpic. Winpic overwrites the frequency calibration settings and it will render your I/C useless.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone confirm or say with certainty that FireGod's controller will work with Sean's SSR boards? I know the SSR's ability to dim is dependent on the parts used, but I think I've confirmed I've used the right parts.

I asked Sean his opinion. "If it is working off turning on the TRIACs at different times during the AC cycle, like the Renard, then it should work."

Also, would the way the CAT-5 is wired work without any modification? I think it looks the same but I'm not convinced I'm looking at it right. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The power jack part number is wrong. The BOM indicates 806-KLDX-0202-B but it should be 806-KLDX-0202-A

Sorry for any troubles, I am not sure how that happened.

Post Thanks / Like

The part number for the 100 UF Cap, C4 is obsolete on Mouser. Do you know of a substitute for this Cap or a part number from another vender that will work?

Richard

1 C4 100 uF cap 75-515D25V100

Ordering Information
    Stock: 0
    On Order: ---
    Factory Lead-Time: 52 Weeks (Estimated)
    Pricing: ---
    Important Information: This product is Obsolete.
    Mouser does not stock this product. However it may still be available.
    Product Info.

Post Thanks / Like

Mouser shows 75-515D107M025AA6AE3 is the RoHS version for part number 75-515D25V100.

So it should be a perfect substitute
    RavingLunatic
    Not just a username but a state of mind

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information about the substitute Capacitor.

Do Radio Shack stores stock the heat sink, #276-1368 on the BOM? I looked it up on their web site and its $1.99, though with a six dollar shipping and handling fee. Seems pretty expensive just to ship a little heat sink.

Thanks,

Richard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast