Thread: Success with Firegod controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Success with Firegod controller

Just wanted to thank folks for helping me get my firegod hardware up and running. Starting early with 48 channels. Have completely blown my budget but this evening was finally able to get the field modules to blink four LEDs at a time with a hacked RJ45 jack and 4, 820 ohm resistors. I would list all the silly little things that went wrong along the way, but decided to focus on instead on, "It works!"

As a bonus, my brother-in-law has donated (to me) two boxes of light strings. New project to figure out which work.

System bits:
    Firegod PC and 4 FMs. The FMs have the LEDs installed. The PC interface utilizes the 6V DC regulator.
    The SSRs (only one fully built and tested) use the SSROZ 2.5e. I ended up installing the PIC code for the hard-coded addressing. This last step was the magic needed to get all things working. I will continue to trace the jumper paths to see if I've missed a connection or caused a short. Back burner.

I hope there is enough time left to generate enough interesting sequences for Christmas and Halloween. Halloween is also a big deal in the household.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Success with Firegod controller

Great News!!!!
    Lou

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!

It's pretty exciting when you get those first blinky-flashy lights!!!!
    Visit us at www.TulsaXmas.Com

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up using the hard-code also. Before that it would work most of the time, but sometimes not. I also have the 6 volt regulators, as I didn't want to change all my SSRNeons. I've moved on to the Helix, but I am keeping my FireGod's, for back-up. I like them a LOT, just like the Helix a tad bit better, since I am planning on crossing the street, and the FG doesn't do that, as I have it.

Glad you got it working..it's great, isn't it!?!

BTW, been working 7 days a week...I should have the board done tomorrow, and hopefully in the mail...

Roger