Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Up Ohio 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Light Up Ohio 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BHoff View Post
    Hi Russ,
    Long time no hear!!! I haven't come across you forever. I'm sure you remember, but you are the one that taught me how to etch my own pcb's, and have them actually work. lol I won't bore everybody here, but I sent you a pm so we can catch up. Glad to see you are still in the hobby, can't wait to hear what you are up to.

Bill
    Bill

PM sent buddy!! Glad to see your still around while I was out of the hobby.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping to be there!! Depends on a few things, but don't see anything standing in my way...

Roger
    [IMG]http://crbest.com/vixenlogo02.jpg[/IMG]

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    256 channels of blinkin', dimmin' bliss...
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roger,
    That would be great. Hope to see you there. We will post the registration site on here once it is up. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 51fordf2 View Post
    Hoping to be there!! Depends on a few things, but don't see anything standing in my way...

Roger

Post Thanks / Like

We will be having a swap meet at Light Up Ohio 2009. This is a chance for people to trade or sell items, and save lots of money on shipping. There are some posts started on a few of the top Holiday Lighting sites, with merchandise available for sale or trade. Last year, this was very successful. Please contact me if you would like to be directed to these posts, and if you have any questions about our event.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited, the Official Light Up Ohio 2009 Registration website is online now. Big thanks go out to Andrew Stemen for his efforts in getting it up and running. The Registration site is at www.lightupohio.com, and it has some suggestions for hotel accommodations.
    The education this year is second to none. Of course, you will have the opportunity to talk to many Holiday Lighting enthusiasts, and that alone is worth the price of admission, but we will have some very impressive speakers.

Roger Phillips-Etching PCBís-It has to be talked about. The direction the economy is going today, we all need to save as much money as we can. We spend a lot of money to create our displays, but there are ways to save. Roger will teach you how to design and etch your own control boards (PCBís), at a fraction of the cost of buying them.
    Tony Furst-Electrical Safety-This is a no brainer, this subject just has to be covered and Tony is an expert at doing that. As far as Iím concerned, he is the guru of electricity, and his demonstration will help you make your display safer.
    Gregg Jones-WireFrame Construction-Gregg is an up and coming force in the WireFrame industry. The quality of his construction is second to none, and he is more than willing to work with you on custom designs. That kind of dedication is getting scarce in the Lighting world.
    David White-Shipping Blowmolds-David does a lot of business on Ebay, and is not limited to blowmolds. I thought it would be interesting to have him talk on the shipping inís and outís. Also, since shipping rates are getting outrageous, he will give us some tips on saving money.
    Tony Furst-FireFly-If you are not familiar with this, you will have to see it to believe it. This technology is a thing of the future, and Tony will do a presentation at our event.
    David Jones-FM Transmitters-David is an expert on FM Transmitters. A lot of displays are using these now, but people are confused on what suits them, and the differences in them. David will explain these in detail, and will help you decide what FM Transmitter is right for you.
    Bill Hoffman-Portable Hole-This was too good to let drop. It was introduced at PLUS 2003, by Walter and Jackie Monkhouse. Basically it is a very simple design, but for some reason, I havenít heard a lot about it since. Itís not for everybody, but for a lot people, it might solve some mega tree issues. Itís something you can put in your yard, hold up a mega tree, and store it until you need it next season. Simple design, but lots of possibilities.

This is just a small portion of what is going to be happening at Light Up Ohio. Keep an eye on this thread to hear more. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Registered, paid, and now I'm just waiting!! Painless...

See you all on the 16th...

Roger

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Roger. Looking forward to seeing you there, we are all getting excited.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

the website is not coming up for me. any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fathead45 View Post
    the website is not coming up for me. any ideas?
    Not sure what the problem is, this is the first I've heard of any problems. Please email Scott Lindsey at sflindsey@yahoo.com, and he will help you get the things resolved. Thanks.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

worked for me...iPhone and desktop...

R

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast