Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Renard SS 24 is now available! (first post is current 9-17-2018)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available!

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    No - The RenSS can only run with 120vac - however the Ren24 (not SS) from Frank can run at 220vac.
    thanks thanks a lot sir,,

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo! Santa Came Early! Got my boards today. Now just have to way for something to put in/on them..

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to make a note that the first post of this thread is current. I know it was made nearly two years ago, but I do edit/update it as needed to keep it current.
    I do keep them on hand so folks can order anytime they like (unless you want a large amount...+10 of the same, check with me first).
    Be sure to read the wiki if you have questions. RavingLunatic spent a lot of time on writing it and it should answer any questions you have. The BOM (parts list) is in there also. ;)

So, Merry Christmas folks, I hope the SS line of controllers have served you well and continue to do so.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling this is something I am going to have to get. I'm just starting this process so I really have no idea. Must ask many stupid questions and read the wiki before ordering. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smoothice View Post
    I have a feeling this is something I am going to have to get. I'm just starting this process so I really have no idea. Must ask many stupid questions and read the wiki before ordering. Thanks.
    The SS board is incredibly versatile and is a solid performer. Usually the only complaint I've seen from folks who get one is that they wish they'd gotten 2 or 3 more. :p It is a terrific controller for any lights that plug into 120vac power.

It runs Renard in its native mode, and can also run DMX if the on-board PICS are flashed with the DMX firmware.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available!

Sorry to be a bother, I've read the threads below but I didn't see any place to place an order. I'm new to using forums and trying to get an understanding on how it works, following threads and placing orders. How do I get on Paypal to pay for this? and finally what about the "parts" are they order seperately?

Thanks
    BillW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    Sorry to be a bother, I've read the threads below but I didn't see any place to place an order. I'm new to using forums and trying to get an understanding on how it works, following threads and placing orders. How do I get on Paypal to pay for this? and finally what about the "parts" are they order seperately?

Thanks
    BillW
    Hey, Bill! Welcome to DIYC!!!

You'll need to set up an account on PayPal (www.paypal.com) to be able to use it. Plenty of info inside paypal on how to do that.

Once you have an account set up, you simply "send" money to the email account listed for receiving the funds. Sometimes members may list it as name#abcde.com or some other way so that the @ sign isn't in the posting. Other times they'll just collate the totals and send you a PM (personal message) here on DIYC with the payment information you need.

Oops... forgot to mention... some have "BOM" lists, which is "bill of materials," or essentially the list of parts. More often than not, these include the part numbers at Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com). Usually these are ordered separately unless you get into a "group buy." Group buys are for "sets" of things, such as a motherboard and BOM combination, or sometimes just for the boards, or just the parts.

Happy New Year -- and don't be shy about asking questions! We all started at the beginning, and some of us are getting so old we can't remember what the beginning even was!!!
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 12-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available!

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a shot!

How often is there a group buy and how do I get in on this?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

There will be many group buys starting in the first quarter of the year. They will be posted in this section when they start.
    2 Grinchs, 2 Ren C's and a Ren T for 128 channels (in 2008)
    2 Ren64, 2 Ren24, 2 Ren24ss, 4 Ren16ss and 8 Ren8ss for 352 channels (currently)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I'm new to this forum and to light displays.

Are the Renard SS24 boards still available and what is the current price? I have a paypal account, so paying that way is no problem. Will be looking for one or two boards depending on cost. I take it that there is a parts list and assembly instructions some place on this site, so I will be looking around for them.

Thanks.
    Pete

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast