Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firework Light Simulation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firework Light Simulation

Anyone have any ideas for simulating fireworks with lights? I was thinking about making a simulated firework light display for the 4th this year by using my arch lights and some white icicles lights. Just not sure how to pull the effect off. Anyone have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Firework Light Simulation

Sounds like a neat idea. I'd think that arches going straight up, or even slightly curved, with some sort of frame at or just above the top of the arch with your icicle lights would work. Maybe a wireframe similar to a snowflake to mount the icicle lights on with a concentration of lights in the center and jets of lights radiating from that to simulate the explosion of the firework? From then sequencing should be simple going straight up the sets of lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the news letter on from the top menu bar and look for Tonypsgt's Star Burst

Tonypsgt - Star Burst

Below are directions on how I created what I am calling my “Star Bursts”. The Structure is 17 ’ tall, while the burst is 6 ’ in diameter. It utilizes (12) 100 count strings of clear mini lights, (6) 70 count strings of clear LED C6 strings, and (6) 70 count M5 Multi LED strings. I am controlling it using 6 channels total for each burst. I have two of these in my yard, one of each side of my house.
    More channels then I can use.
    More light bulbs then I care count.
    [url]http://www.vimeo.com/user1106747/videos[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I was looking at his "Star Bust" and it would be a good starter, but I want a more realistic look if I can pull it off.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only way you would be more realistic is to adapt something like the LEDtriks circuitry to an array of LEDs and go from there.
    [size=4]How-to/Can-do Wisdom[/size]
    Always endorse the 10% rule...Always attempt to be 10% smart then that you are working on.
    The Dumbest Question...Is the one never asked.
    If you find it uncomfortable to use something... Try turning them around.

Remember a Match can burn twice.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're ever near Cincinnati, "Half Price Fireworks" in Lawrenceburg, IN, has a sign for their store that might do what you're asking about. I'm sure somebody there could explain how they work it.

(Personally, I don't bother "simulating" fireworks, but that's a topic for a different forum... ;) )

Post Thanks / Like

How about modifying Tonypsgt's design to addisome strobes to give it a sparkle effect? Be a little closer to the real thing...

Post Thanks / Like

I think a single shot bright strobe at the top end of the pole (maybe one at the bottom of the arch to start the sequence would be nice too) and then light the outward part and letting the lights fade out instead of move outward from the center and just go off. Several different colors on the branches would allow you to have different "works" since thy tend to be a single color anyway.

Fountain Valley, CA (Orange County, So. Cal)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBrynildsen View Post
    Yea I was looking at his "Star Bust" and it would be a good starter, but I want a more realistic look if I can pull it off.
    If you used 50 ct. instead of 100 ct mini-lights (and correspondingly shorter LED strings) so the channels are shorter, that could give a smoother chase. Also, making colored streams out from the top, and bending them slightly, would make it look more like fireworks. I think the strobes that were suggested would also add to the effect.

You could also add or mix in the sound of fireworks to the MP3 you are syncing to. That would really make it look/sound like fireworks.

don
    Click for display details >>
    web site: http://www.eShepherdsOfLight.com or http://www.facebook.com/eShepherdsOfLight
    technical articles: http://downloads.eshepherdsoflight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djulien View Post
    If you used 50 ct. instead of 100 ct mini-lights (and correspondingly shorter LED strings) so the channels are shorter, that could give a smoother chase. Also, making colored streams out from the top, and bending them slightly, would make it look more like fireworks. I think the strobes that were suggested would also add to the effect.

You could also add or mix in the sound of fireworks to the MP3 you are syncing to. That would really make it look/sound like fireworks.

don
    Don,

Where do you come up with these ideas? You are full of them!! this sounds like a great project.
    Lou

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast