Thread: 3-D Layout?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3-D Layout?

Hey All,

When I check the 3-D box in my layout tab to get that view all my models are offset WAY to the upper right corner...Nothing matches my 2-D layout. Up until now I haven't really needed a 3-D look but I was playing with some new props that might be better viewed in a 3-D layout but I'm obviously missing something.

I can't find any way to correct this.

Anyone have an idea what controls this or know of a video that might help show where I took a wrong turn?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 3-D Layout?

Don't have an exact answer, but I remember something about "X0=Center" checked on or off.
    But, before you take my advice, after many attempts to use "3D", I scrapped the idea. 2D has worked just fine for what I'm doing.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Like most 3d programs, you will need to use x, y, and z. Z being the depth. On my layout, I would push most of items negative to move them into position. I had real trouble moving them in the preview. It was pretty easy to put in absolute values to move them.
    Screenshot 2023-01-14 204540.png
    I bet once you figure out the magic, it would be pretty easy to move them in the Z direction in the preview. But just playing around, I couldn't figure out the magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Don't have an exact answer, but I remember something about "X0=Center" checked on or off.
    But, before you take my advice, after many attempts to use "3D", I scrapped the idea. 2D has worked just fine for what I'm doing.
    Thanks Mike... Yeah I tried that "XO=Center" toggle and it went from bad to worse....Haha...

I'm starting to think I just need to stick with 2D too and take my best guess at getting the depth perspective that I was hoping to use close enough to make it usable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Like most 3d programs, you will need to use x, y, and z. Z being the depth. On my layout, I would push most of items negative to move them into position. I had real trouble moving them in the preview. It was pretty easy to put in absolute values to move them.
    Screenshot 2023-01-14 204540.png
    I bet once you figure out the magic, it would be pretty easy to move them in the Z direction in the preview. But just playing around, I couldn't figure out the magic.
    Is there a toggle some place to show the x, y, and z? I was playing with it earlier now I don't see it.... I've played with this so much I can't remember where it was.....Haha

Post Thanks / Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yuxsnvJeU
    The secret sauce revealed...skip to about 4 minutes for how to move items. The key for me is to find the blue arrow.

Size /location shows the x,y,z
    Last edited by MikeKrebs; 01-15-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yuxsnvJeU
    The secret sauce revealed...skip to about 4 minutes for how to move items. The key for me is to find the blue arrow.

Size /location shows the x,y,z
    Thanks for the link Mike...

Whoa Buddy....that's like drinking out of a fire hose! Haha...

I'm seeing a serious time investment there. Sounds like it might be above my 'paygrade'....

As to "Size/location shows the x,y,z".....I no longer see "Size/location"....I must have inadvertently clicked something to make it go away....

Well....DOAH....I found it.... Didn't have a model selected.....
    Last edited by Santacarl; 01-15-2023 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

SantaCarl,

The xLights Zoom room is my best friend...
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless
    2021 - 10 RHL Simple Pi Pixel Controllers - 1 Master with 9 Remotes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    SantaCarl,

The xLights Zoom room is my best friend...
    Hi Tom....Thanks for the thought. I use it once in a great while... It saved my sanity this past season. Had some really strange goings on with my setup that someone else with more brain cells than me was able to pinpoint. Just thought I'd post some things here and check in from time to time while working other projects. I'm not a fan of group gatherings as a rule...so I tend to not do the chat thing most of the time.