Thread: Lost christmas tree remote

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost christmas tree remote

I have a rgb "holiday symphony" 600 led tree that I got for free but it has no remote which basically neuters the tree with just one color option and no music. The original remote is as 433.96 mhz rf remote. Here is the fcc link: https://fccid.io/2APJZ-PDT0093V.

The manufacturer is Polygroup and are absolutely no help. As they offer no replacements to the most easily lost part. All they gave me was the model number of the remote and said google it and good luck. Of course nobody is selling them. Anyways I provided pictures of the reciever motherboard along with the rgb controller daughter board.

My question is if there is anything I can do to program a new remote or add a manual button? I see that both the motherboard and daughter board have unpopulated "flash socket" connectors.

Here is the linkto the same post in badcaps forum for the pictures: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...94#post1193594

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lost christmas tree remote

Too late now, but what I have is an older model of this:

https://www.amazon.com/Broadlink-RM4...38752366&psc=1

The Broadlink router listens to your remote on the airwaves, and can mimic it. Then a mobile app on your phone programs buttons that mimic the remote. That lets you always have a backup. There are lots of other useful things you can do with it, but one is that you never lose your last remote.

Post Thanks / Like

I did try the broadlink remote as it had an option to try and work with no original remote but didn't work unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Odd. I've never heard of that option. The first thing the app does is ask you to press the remote, so that it can capture the code.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    Odd. I've never heard of that option. The first thing the app does is ask you to press the remote, so that it can capture the code.
    There was an option for not having original remote. You would then enter the frequency of original remote and then it would throw random codes at it I guess.

I wonder if it would be possible to wire a different controller to the existing rgb leds in the tree. They aren't "pixel" type leds but they are rgb and the current controller is 24v dc.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the pix you posted without creating an account. Anyway to make them public?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65caliente View Post
    There was an option for not having original remote. You would then enter the frequency of original remote and then it would throw random codes at it I guess.

I wonder if it would be possible to wire a different controller to the existing rgb leds in the tree. They aren't "pixel" type leds but they are rgb and the current controller is 24v dc.
    Dumb rgb's can be snipped and driven yourself very easily, but you usually lose some fancy schmancy sequences that are coded in the receiver hardware. The effects you want could be reinvented on an Arduino with your own key fob in about an hour, if you have all the parts and have done it before.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you have posted everywhere on the web about this .

In one thread you posted that there is 6 sections of rgb in this tree . Which if are independent would equate to possibly 18 channels of control required.

It would be interesting to see a output wiring diagram.
    Last edited by angus40; 01-02-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    I can't see the pix you posted without creating an account. Anyway to make them public?
    Mike . the pics are here -> x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses. I am probably going to just take all the lights out and put some twinkly lights in their place. On a side not I was scammed by a new member "savali3592" saying that his dad was selling a controller with remote for this tree. His "dad's" email was ericnathan664@gmail.com. We discussed the price and shipping which came out to be $68. I paid through pay pal "family and friends" and after they payment was sent they both ghosted me. My Bank put a stop on it but thought I would share about the tactics these scum bags do. I thought it was legit because I wasn't asking if anybody had a controller or remote for sale but they found me and offered regardless and also seemed to know how the tree worked. Anyways lesson learned, don't pay through pay pal unless you have purchase protection and don't trust members that contact you out of the blue who have just created an account that same day.