Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Pixels Lighting on E682

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

Stupid question, but did you check the fuses? Have you tried to activate more ports and try them all? You said you tried a Test Pattern, I assume you are referring to the E682 Test pattern. After you select the test pattern you want, you need to press the "Save System Info" button.

On a side note... why is port 3-4 connector upside down?

Post Thanks / Like

Each setting has its own save button and needs to be pressed for each adjustment to work.

510 is appropriate channel setting under the universe settings for pixels.
    I would attempt /start with group 1 and establish each port within that group and verify each is working .

It could be your pixels data input is reverse the arrow direction . *worth a quick test

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmndr Brain View Post
    Stupid question, but did you check the fuses? Have you tried to activate more ports and try them all? You said you tried a Test Pattern, I assume you are referring to the E682 Test pattern. After you select the test pattern you want, you need to press the "Save System Info" button.

On a side note... why is port 3-4 connector upside down?
    I did check all of the fuses with a multimeter, they're all good.

I tried the suggestion of activating every port, the packets show that the controller is receiving the sequences, but again no lights showing. The board is also putting out 5v from each port.

3-4 is upside down because I was most likely distracted while I inserted that port into the board before I soldered them. No other good reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have 3 strings of 50 pixels set up on universe 11 on three different ports. 1-1, 2-4, and 4-1. If this is correct, good. You also have the red (brown wire) into V+. Double check that the 5 volt IN on the pixel is the red wire. Make sure it says 5 volt IN. It looks correct. If running 5 volts, make sure the jumper is on 2-3. I can't see if it is from the picture. Also make sure your URL is correct. If something else has DHCP to the same address, it could cause problems.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to get into serious diagnosis mode here. Do you have a multimeter? You should begin with measuring if you have voltage at the phoenix connector. Lets just start with the 1st one on the board? Measure between G and V+. What do you get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Time to get into serious diagnosis mode here. Do you have a multimeter? You should begin with measuring if you have voltage at the phoenix connector. Lets just start with the 1st one on the board? Measure between G and V+. What do you get?
    I will go hide in shame now.

I checked this troubleshooting step earlier in the process, so something else must have been wrong that was fixed later in troubleshooting.

But in the attached picture, I read it as the wires on top (from the R) are the IN wires, and the wires on bottom are the OUT wires. But when I swapped them everything came to life.

I am very, very appreciative of all the help, and very sorry to have used up so much time.IMG-1213.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Very Good. Now get those lights set up!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12