Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: No Pixels Lighting on E682

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question No Pixels Lighting on E682

    I have 2 E682 controllers. I can access them via their webpages.
    They are both running the most current 5.x firmware.
    I am running a 5v system, with 5v WS2811 Pixels.
    The issue that I am having now is that no matter what happens, none of the pixels will light. I am using xLights as the software. But even with the pixels plugged directly in and running a test pattern I get nothing.
    I moved the controller inside and took several brand new pixel strands (from different batches) and plugged them into different outputs on different groups and I've got nothing.
    It has been a year, so I've slept since using them last, but I'm either forgetting something major, or I'm missing something.
    I can see that when I turn the test pattern off, and I send a show from xLights that there are packets being received on the E682 webpage, so I know that they are communicating.
    On the WS2811s I have the wiring as follows: I have the (-) plugged into the GND, the center wire(⇧) plugged into the Dta, and the (+) is plugged into the +V.
    I have also tried to plug the (+) and (-) from the Pixels directly into the power supply, with a shared ground, and attach the (⇧) into the data port.
    I am at a complete loss and I appreciate any help at all. It is likely something really easy or stupid that I'm overlooking or can't seem to remember.
    IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1210 copy.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Novi, MI
    Posts
    472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    What clock speed to you have selected for the pixels? Try 350ms.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    I can't tell, but is your negative on the pixel tied to the negative on the power supply somewhere? it appears you are powering the right side of the pixel outputs and that has a negative to the power supply, but the left side doesn't appear to have a negative. I didn't check the manual for jumpers/etc that make that work, it's just a guess

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Quote Originally Posted by neonexpresso View Post
    I can't tell, but is your negative on the pixel tied to the negative on the power supply somewhere? it appears you are powering the right side of the pixel outputs and that has a negative to the power supply, but the left side doesn't appear to have a negative. I didn't check the manual for jumpers/etc that make that work, it's just a guess
    No, other than the negative from the board, I do recall that it needed to be piggy-backed. I did that now let me run some tests.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    What clock speed to you have selected for the pixels? Try 350ms.
    I changed that, I'm still not getting any lighting.

    Capture.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Novi, MI
    Posts
    472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Might as well show us the 2nd page as well where you define the number of pixels per socket. Why are you not connecting the V+ to the phoenix connector? Lets try to simplify the environment first by using the board as it was designed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Might as well show us the 2nd page as well where you define the number of pixels per socket. Why are you not connecting the V+ to the phoenix connector? Lets try to simplify the environment first by using the board as it was designed.
    That's fair. I was in the middle of trying another solution. But here are the other pictures.
    Capture2.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    You need to apply power to that side of the pcb for group 1 and 2 to work .

    J18 i believe .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    You need to apply power to that side of the pcb for group 1 and 2 to work .

    J18 i believe .
    Still not working when configured like so.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: No Pixels Lighting on E682

    Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    You need to apply power to that side of the pcb for group 1 and 2 to work .

    J18 i believe .
    The picture on my last post is my current configuration. I believe that is what you're referencing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •