Thread: Pixels Staying On

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixels Staying On

Any ideas why the last 50 pixels of a 400 pixel string work fine but sometimes when they are supposed to be off they look like the attached picture. It isn?t always the same pattern, colors, or number of pixels either

They are controlled wirelessly by an ESPixelPop from a RPi 3B+ running FPP V4.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-3000Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixels Staying On

Are you injecting power along the string? 400 pixels will have too much voltage drop without using power injection.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the configs to make sure you have them correctly identified.

PI could be an issue but looks like they have enough power!

Swap the last 50 with the first 50. Does it still do that?

Are these holiday coro pixels? https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=168

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Check the configs to make sure you have them correctly identified.

PI could be an issue but looks like they have enough power!

Swap the last 50 with the first 50. Does it still do that?

Are these holiday coro pixels? https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=168
    They are DIYLEDExpress pixels that are several years old. This particular string could have been replaced at some point. I am not sure. By checking configs what do you mean? Everything works during the sequence as it should except for when these pixels are not in use then they do weird things as well as alll 50 are on white after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by gassy View Post
    Are you injecting power along the string? 400 pixels will have too much voltage drop without using power injection.
    I am injecting power at the end of the string so maybe I should add another power injection in the middle as well. I think I have an extension that will reach and can add that easy today.
    Dave-3000Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Data or V- near the start of the string is "not good" but may good enough when there is an active signal. It is also possibl the last pixel that is behaving is beginning to fail.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003