Thread: LOR Pro with Xlights on mac

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOR Pro with Xlights on mac

I am trying to get my LOR pro to work with Xlights and I can't get the controller set up right. It keeps changing the protocol to DDP when I choose the vendor LOR. I have communication with the controller because the connection light is green in the controller setup... Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I saw a thread about latency if you use the LOR protocol so did they prohibit it or something do I have to go through a FPP to do e131?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR Pro with Xlights on mac

Are you setting up a USB serial connected device? When I selected LOR, the protocol went to DMX but I could select LOR or LOR optimized. Post a pix of your controller setup.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I got it figured out.... I had the controller setup working all along... it was with creating the model. I guess for AC LOR there is one way to configure it in Xlights. You have to do a single line with number of strings for however many channels you have on your controller....ugh... not super intuitive.

Post Thanks / Like

You can create strings or whatever you have for props as single color props in xLights. For example, here is how I did a star...
    star xlights model.png