Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noob, not getting it done

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Noob, not getting it done

Side question - Is there any way you can stand your images up? My body wants to sleep whenever I lay my head to one side like that.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Your ethernet on your laptop and your HinksPix have the same IP address. Your wireless adapter is receiving a different IP address because your Ethernet connection already has 192.168.1.62 leased in your router. Your HinksPix needs to be set outside your DHCP scope, or at the very end of it. With a Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 you have 254 available IP's. Your router is 192.168.1.1 and your laptop ethernet is using 192.168.1.62. Set the IP on your HinksPix to
    I192.168.1.250
    M255.255.255.0
    G192.168.1.1

Unless you have more than 248 devices you will never need that IP.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the help. Rookie trying to get show running. 15 years of LOR and made the switch to xlights. I'm sure I will have more questions as I progress. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I may have been laying down when I took the photos

Post Thanks / Like

This IP scheme is good for testing but when it comes to running a show, you will want your player/scheduler to be wired. Most of us use a separate "network" to run the show. It is a lot of data when the show runs and putting it on its own network keeps your home stuff running smoother.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. Thanks. If I am doing all the testing and assembly of props at home, and my show will be running at a business, will I will have to change all controllers IP since the ip for the computer will change? And it will be hard wired to ta network.

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't necessarily need to change the IPs. It would depend on what the IPs are on the local network.

Post Thanks / Like

If you make the IP's Static and towards the end of the range (e.g. 192.168.1.200-254) and the business runs on that private range 192.168.1.xx you will be good to go. If not try to emulate the IP used in the Business (e.g. 10.10.xx.xx ) and use the upper range IP's with an unmanaged switch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123