Thread: Edm-tx-lcd replacement with rds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Edm-tx-lcd replacement with rds

Hi all.. new subscriber, but not new to Xmas displays.. I have been using the EDM-TX-LCD for years, great transmitter!! This is very old, bought it in kit form and assembled it myself. However I wanted to try and find a good replacement with RDS, possibly the EDM-LCD-RDS?? I tried the edm website but looks like the order page is not working? Any body know where I can purchase one of these, or maybe a good replacement with RDS ?? Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Edm-tx-lcd replacement with rds

I have the EDM-LCD-RDS. I had to wrap the internal electronics in tinfoil as it was causing bad interference. I had to keep the transmitter away from the computer as much as possible. The signal was clean when I was able to isolate it, but I did have problems with interference with it. I bought it in a kit form. If I remember correctly it was just the AC port on the board was all that needed to be soldered. I am actually in the search of a new transmitter that has RDS and won't be so susceptible to interference. I hear that there was a new model made after the one that I bought that really reduced the interference, but I don't know very much about it.
    2010 Plan: Hoping to maybe break the 100 channel marker.
    2011 Plan: Finally hitting 116 channels!

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

I highly recommend you look at the DIY PixelRadio thread. I have built a couple and they have great sound.

I have a couple of boards available to a good home (PM me if interested), the parts cost ~$50-70 and are typically taking about 3 weeks to be delivered from Aliexpress. The build is fairly straightforward, but programming the ESP32 is a bit more involved. This is a great project.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless
    2021 - 10 RHL Simple Pi Pixel Controllers - 1 Master with 9 Remotes

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember that another member got one even though their order page is down. You might try emailing EDM at edm@global.co.za

-Craig

Post Thanks / Like

sales@edmdesign.com is the email address to use.

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone else reading this thread, I sent an email to sales@edmdesign.com almost a week ago and haven't heard a peep back yet. Seems like they're either on vacation, or something has happened there - webpage busted, no responses to email...

I ordered the PCBs and parts for the PixelRadio and I guess that's the way I'm going to go.

Post Thanks / Like

That's unfortunate news. They helped me around this time last year with a repair issue, shipped it to them, and got it back perfectly working. Hope they re-appear at some point.

There is one for sale on eBay if you are seriously interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/255693142408