Thread: Need help running vixen shows on ESPixelstick with built in Falcon player

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help running vixen shows on ESPixelstick with built in Falcon player

I'm VERY new to all of this, so I'm taking baby steps.

I have an expixelstick with the V4 firmware that has a built in FFP server.

I'm not understanding what controller outputs in Vixen, that the ESP needs to play a sequence,

I've exported to an .FSEQ file and UL'ed it to the stick. But nothing plays. V4 has a few "shows" included and I can select one of them and the play perfectly (like CHASE, BLINK, LIGHTNING, etc).

But not the UL'ed ones. Do I have to UL anything other that the .FSEQ file

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help running vixen shows on ESPixelstick with built in Falcon player

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help running vixen shows on ESPixelstick with built in Falcon player

First of all, the ESPv4 is NOT an FPP Server. It is an FPP CLIENT and expects and FPP server to send it FPP Sync packets to tell it what to play. When you set the ESPP to FPP Remote mode (Via Input 2) you will get the option to manually play the fseq files that have been loaded onto the ESP. You can also create a playlist of fseq files that the ESP will work through (more info in the docs). Keep in mind that the fseq files you loda onto the ESP must only contain the channel data needed by the ESP. This is called a "Sparse fseq file".

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    First of all, the ESPv4 is NOT an FPP Server. It is an FPP CLIENT and expects and FPP server to send it FPP Sync packets to tell it what to play. When you set the ESPP to FPP Remote mode (Via Input 2) you will get the option to manually play the fseq files that have been loaded onto the ESP. You can also create a playlist of fseq files that the ESP will work through (more info in the docs). Keep in mind that the fseq files you loda onto the ESP must only contain the channel data needed by the ESP. This is called a "Sparse fseq file".

Thanks for all the help.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Thanks.... I'll check it out..... BTW, I no longer see the the animation in my preview window either.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    I'm VERY new to all of this, so I'm taking baby steps.

I have an expixelstick with the V4 firmware that has a built in FFP server.

I'm not understanding what controller outputs in Vixen, that the ESP needs to play a sequence,

I've exported to an .FSEQ file and UL'ed it to the stick. But nothing plays. V4 has a few "shows" included and I can select one of them and the play perfectly (like CHASE, BLINK, LIGHTNING, etc).

But not the UL'ed ones. Do I have to UL anything other that the .FSEQ file

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?? Thanks.
    FWIW, my problem is/was that Vixen exports FSEQ file as compressed. Changed to uncompressed and espixelstick v4 plays the fseq file perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: If you set the advanced mode on the admin page, you will see a status message telling you exactly that information.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003