Thread: Struggling bigtime .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Struggling bigtime .....

.... to learn Vixen.

I followed this Youtube video ( https://youtu.be/Rv_Z18s4q2c ) exactly.

Still, I see no output in any preview window.

Is possible to export the ENTIRE project, not JUST the sequence by itself??

If possible then I'd like to attach an exported file to a subsequent post; maybe an "expert" could look at it so as to see my problems??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Struggling bigtime .....

Happy to take a look, it's probably easiest to zip up your profile folder from 'my documents' which has all the relevant settings etc inc your sequences. I believe the folder is called Vixen 3 by default. The required folders are SystemData, maybe Module Date Files depending on your setup, and the sequences folder. Probably easiest just to zip the whole thing.

I respoded to your other post about configuring the arduino etc. Note that in Vixen the controllers (outputs) are kept separate from the list of items (nodes) and the associated preview. You can have a complete show built including the preview, then as a second step you can patch your items to actual outputs. It's totally possible to have an onscreen only show with no outputs defined.
    Last edited by RichieNorthcott; 07-29-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you a lot. BTW, is there a way to control the speed of a show without modifying everything in the sequencer??

Post Thanks / Like

A vixen sequence is inherently locked to the audio file (if you are using one), I'm not aware of a function to re-time everything. There are no controls for adjusting sequence playback speed when running a show, but when editing there are buttons on the toolbar to speed up / slow down the playback. This can be useful if you're placing timing marks while listening to the audio file for example, having the playback slowed down (shift+space bar to add)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richienorthcott View Post
    a vixen sequence is inherently locked to the audio file (if you are using one), i'm not aware of a function to re-time everything. There are no controls for adjusting sequence playback speed when running a show, but when editing there are buttons on the toolbar to speed up / slow down the playback. This can be useful if you're placing timing marks while listening to the audio file for example, having the playback slowed down (shift+space bar to add)
    thanks!