Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a 32X64 panel NEED help

Post Thanks / Like

Question Have a 32X64 panel NEED help

I wanted to use this panel with vixen I have arduino mega, however have no idea how to code it, is there a better board to use that is not too expensive. 32x64panel.jpg it adafruit 32x64 3mm, possible looking at total of 4. Looking for recomendations.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have a 32X64 panel NEED help

A card like this https://www.wiredwatts.com/colorlight-5a-75b might work. It just needs gigabit e1.31 input and will handle outputting what the panels need. You will want to check if it will work with your panels. Most likely the answer is yes but there are lots of chips that run the panels with various needs on how they are controlled.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to find a cane make this mega a serial read so that it works with vixen. want to test to see if that would work, i have ordered the other board to see if i can get that to work. might just have to use that board so can make it a 4 panel 32x64
    lot of pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd think Adafruit would have an example on their web site of Arduino code to drive it. I'd check with Adafruit first. None of this stuff is "plug-n-play" by the way... regardless of what anybody says....

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for almost three years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

the only thing i find there is the standard test. guess i will try the arduino community, maybe there is something there.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading serial input is not a problem. There are plenty of simple serial read sketches. To get that much data to the Mega, you will have to have a high bit rate. And certainly daisy chaining 4 of those panels will cause the data to be excessive.

Have you gotten anything to display on the panel yet? If not, start here: https://www.instructables.com/64x32-...-Arduino-Mega/

Post Thanks / Like

Got the watts receiver, got the 4 panels to work with the led vision different hook up than expected but seems to work. Just now need find the information on how to get to work with vixen 3, found the configuration however does not seem to be transmitting to board, must have universes or other setting off not sure how many to set found so many different answers.
    When had sideways (64rows) with watts, would not line up right off by one pixel on two of the panels. and had to hookup to 4 different junctions.
    When had other way (32rows) only two panels would work correctly, other two would be "blurry" duplicates, daisy chained, would only on 1 junction.
    Tried different presets however have not found the one that works, P3-smd2121 64*32 16s
    have another board on order that hope will work with it.
    Using LedVision for test.
    Last edited by skykicker; 08-01-2022 at 01:51 PM. Reason: more information.

Post Thanks / Like

One 32 x 64 panel will be 6144 individual channels of data. That is 12 universes of data for just 1 panel !! I don't think that I have read anywhere that an Arduino MEGA could support more than a couple of universes of data.
    Here is a link to an older thread discussing using Arduino boards to control pixels - http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...o+pixels+vixen
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Have some raspberry pi pico arriving soon, heard they can can Handel a 128x64 matrix, just need to find how to make it work, if any experience, helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. ��
    Last edited by skykicker; 08-10-2022 at 09:01 AM. Reason: misspelled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skykicker View Post
    Have some raspberry pi Nico
    Pico? If not, link to the Nico please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast