Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPixelStick V3 or v4 need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick V3 or v4 need help

I downloaded what I believe is the V4 firmware and extracted it (ESpixelstick-main). However when I run the flashtool, its giving me a couple of errors. An INI error has occurred, and a java exception has occurred. I copied the distribution files to a new directory along with the flashtool that is working, and it gives me the same error. Any ideas? This happens on a newly installed version of java as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utimgr View Post
    I downloaded what I believe is the V4 firmware and extracted it (ESpixelstick-main). However when I run the flashtool, its giving me a couple of errors. An INI error has occurred, and a java exception has occurred. I copied the distribution files to a new directory along with the flashtool that is working, and it gives me the same error. Any ideas? This happens on a newly installed version of java as well.
    You are probably best to use VS and PlatformIO to load the firmware .

Post Thanks / Like

This usually means you have not updated your java version. Are you on a PC or a MAC? The java install is a bit different between the two.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

New install of Java ( Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_333-b02) ) is giving me this error. Yes I could use VS or Platform IO but, I assume since the flashtool is being distributed with the build, its working for others.

Post Thanks / Like

New install of Java ( Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_333-b02) ) is giving me this error. Yes I could use VS or Platform IO but, I assume since the flashtool is being distributed with the build, its working for others.
    I just gave this a go with the java tool and all works fine . Win 10 java-> build 1.8.0_333-b02.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I figured that it would work fine else it wouldn't have been released. Its misbehaving on 3 computers...although one doesn't have the updated Java. I'll toss it on the network and update and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I figured that it would work fine else it wouldn't have been released. Its misbehaving on 3 computers...although one doesn't have the updated Java. I'll toss it on the network and update and see how it goes.
    If it is any constellation, this is the first time I have had success with the java tool not throwing errors .
    I still haven't managed it in the Arduino IED without errors yet but haven't tried lately.
    VS/platformIO was always the go to because of this.

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to get my 50x20 ws2811 grid to run as a standalone item. I got a ESPixelStick v3.0 I loaded the V4-3 firmware and downloaded .fsqa from Vixen. I can't get it to work. I have some screenshot. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Please take a capture of the console output (via the USB interface).
    Please turn on advanced mod (admin page) and then return to the status page and send a screenshot of any errors reported there.
    Please turn on effects and let me know if the grid lights up the LEDs properly.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see any errors after turning on the advance mode. this is the console output shot and a pic of grid. the lights at the top 4 lines light up and plink of time to time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12