Thread: Stream show on Twitch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stream show on Twitch

I have been thinking about streaming my show on Twitch and/or YouTube, but I just realized I will run into a lot of copyright problems. Has anyone done this before, and if so how did you have any copyright problems or any way to get around them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stream show on Twitch

I tried a Facebook live and they muted the audio before my live was even over.

The only site I have used is Vimeo. They havenít taken down any content posted there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randomaker View Post
    I have been thinking about streaming my show on Twitch and/or YouTube, but I just realized I will run into a lot of copyright problems. Has anyone done this before, and if so how did you have any copyright problems or any way to get around them?
    Not much you can do about copyrighted audio being muted.
    I think Twitch allows you to keep playing the audio but the recording afterwards would be muted.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to make something permanent for streaming? or just from your phone on some nights?
    On a phone it would have background noise that Facebook/Youtube/Twitch would struggle to identify the audio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maraku View Post
    Not much you can do about copyrighted audio being muted.
    I think Twitch allows you to keep playing the audio but the recording afterwards would be muted.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to make something permanent for streaming? or just from your phone on some nights?
    On a phone it would have background noise that Facebook/Youtube/Twitch would struggle to identify the audio.
    It would be permanent, every night. IP camera on my neighbor's house, and OBS with all the automation controlled by advanced scene switcher plugin. I basically have everything set up software side, and then I realized, wait, the copyrighted music will be a problem. I have videos on YouTube now and they aren't muted or anything but they can't be monetized.

With a bit of research, I found that Twitch is getting a bit stricter, seems like 24-hour bans are becoming common with permanent bans for multiple repeat offenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randomaker View Post
    It would be permanent, every night. IP camera on my neighbor's house, and OBS with all the automation controlled by advanced scene switcher plugin.
    I can't say much about live streaming services, but a quick idea for IP cameras.
    Some of the light commercial to high end brands have 'RTMP' streaming in their settings. They can literally stream to a platform on their own.

Platforms,
    Does Vimeo have anything against copyrighted contented being live streamed?

Post Thanks / Like

maybe you could add an applause, crowd noise, laugh track to the audio. People will get the idea but the modified audio will be the star.