Thread: Add A Spotlight Feature

Post Thanks / Like

Default Add A Spotlight Feature

There may already be a way to do this, but I am new enough that I have not been able to figure it out. Is there a way to move a spotlight effect over the full preview? Going from full off and sweep the full length of the preview. This would be up and down as well as left to right. Possibly set a point on the preview to make the sweep directional?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Add A Spotlight Feature

I think it might be possible using the 'picture' effect. Make an image which is a white circle on a black background (say) then move that by adding curves to the X and Y offset parameters, so they change over time. The beginning of my squid game red light/green light sequence used this effect to add the circle, triangle and square to the megatree, they are just simple black and white bitmaps.I just fade them in and out, but they could be animated using the offset sliders.

The other option would be to make a video of what you want (you could use motion graphics software like AfterEffects to move a white circle around) and map the video to your pixels.
    Last edited by RichieNorthcott; 05-24-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you wanting to move a round group of pixels around your display? If yes, the Morph Effect has a mode where you draw a circle and then you choose how to animate it over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice - I have learned something there too! So that's three ways of doing it, I don't think it needs its own dedicated effect/filter built.