Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Santa Sleigh for 2022

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Santa Sleigh for 2022

New user and new to digital pixel displays.
    As I started learning more about this new hobby I managed to jump in with both feet to my neck. Lol
    To date I have or ordered 1 F16V4 with 16 channel expansion, 5000 pixels from Rays site, a Sasquatch Mega Tree kit from Matto's, some talking trees, bulbs, reindeer, and star for the Mega Tree from Gilbert, and 500 feet of 1.5 spacing Extreme Strip from Holiday Coro.

As I was waiting for items to arrive and learn XLights, I decided it was time to replace my very small Santa Sleigh with something a little larger that matches my large 9 reindeer. As a result I started working on one that can hold 2 adults up front and a few kids in the back (depending on their size).

Cutting out the sides
    IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

As of today, pre-assembly and testing size
    IMG_4088.jpg

Enough room for people in the back (more than I expected) depending on leg length. Lol
    IMG_4087.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Santa Sleigh for 2022

Nice!

- Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Great! At the cost of plywood these days, that's got to cost a significantly more than it would have 3 years ago. I built a "frozen" style sleigh back when the first movie came out. It was about 3/4 scale but you could fit 2 in it with room in the back. Not nearly as good as yours but I only gave myself a week to build and paint it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Braveit1 View Post
    Great! At the cost of plywood these days, that's got to cost a significantly more than it would have 3 years ago. I built a "frozen" style sleigh back when the first movie came out. It was about 3/4 scale but you could fit 2 in it with room in the back. Not nearly as good as yours but I only gave myself a week to build and paint it.
    Cool sleigh for 1 weeks work!
    Pricing on the wood is Real High. Esp if you want something of good quality. Right now I have about $300 into the sleigh.... Arg
    Thats ok, it will be fun having friends, family, and neighbors taking pictures in it.

Post Thanks / Like

2 days of cutting releif cuts and playing in water for hours has paid off!
    The front end is on. Will be better when the wood dries and I can remove the supports from the outside.

Frontend 1.jpg
    Frontend 2.jpg
    Frontend 3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question: The 4 pin green connectors for the F16V4, where do you get them from?
    Amazon?

Spent the week doing final sanding and primer....
    IMG_4116.jpg IMG_4118.jpg

Today I started adding a little Color.... Wanted something with a little Class.
    Color 01.jpg Color 02.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful design and workmanship. Well done! How will you store it? Will you dismantle it or just leave it whole?

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for almost three years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rreese View Post
    2 days of cutting releif cuts and playing in water for hours has paid off!
    The front end is on. Will be better when the wood dries and I can remove the supports from the outside.

Frontend 1.jpg
    Frontend 2.jpg
    Frontend 3.jpg
    Your rounded ends remind me of a place I worked at years ago. It was called Interior Products, in Brunswick Ga. I went to work there for a summer job and ended up staying around for years on a part time/full time capacity as I took some College classes.
    They had me operating a "Panel Saw". It was way smarter that I was, LOL. I could program in what cuts to make and load a 4x8 sheet of plywood, or whatever they needed cut, and let it rip.
    They also had a machine that was called "The Grover". You could live up dozens of saw blades on a large shaft with spacers that would cut Groves into a board, or they made what was is called "KerfKore". I found their website Here. I cannot remember any of the places the KerfKore was used but they were making a lot of it. I can remember making the roll up door for O'Sullivan desk. I did not need the fancy programmer on my saw to cut them, only the dumb end, but I remember cutting those things by the Thousands, Literally.
    You have a nice looking Sleigh. Reminds me of the one my father made a long time ago. Your is much nicer and bigger. You will create memories that will last for Generations to come with that thing. My sister is now the proud owner and if I'm not mistaken we are on the fourth generation of having pictures taken sitting in the Sleigh at Christmas time. You should really be proud of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Wonderful design and workmanship. Well done! How will you store it? Will you dismantle it or just leave it whole?
    I designed it to come apart so I can store it in the attic of the garage.
    I have a nice size garage that is also my workshop.
    Some years ago I designed and installed a lift to the attic area as 3/4 of all the Christmas items are stored up there and the drop down stairs was just not working for me anymore as I got older.

Link to my attic lift.... Not fast but lifts about 1000lbs...

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#...4-893F1CE4D32F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayhjr View Post
    You have a nice looking Sleigh. Reminds me of the one my father made a long time ago. Your is much nicer and bigger. You will create memories that will last for Generations to come with that thing. My sister is now the proud owner and if I'm not mistaken we are on the fourth generation of having pictures taken sitting in the Sleigh at Christmas time. You should really be proud of it.
    Thank you. I cannot speak to it being nicer. That is in the eye's of the beholder. Thanks. Glad to hear your fathers is still around and being used for what it was designed for!
    You all should be very proud of that.
    We are hoping that others enjoy it as much as I have building it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast