Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raspberry Pi 400

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Raspberry Pi 400

You need to go to the FPP audio configuration page and select the correct audio driver. FPP uses the system default which is usually the onboard not so great audio.

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it was something I had read at one point and forgotten. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    The name David came up. Of course the FPP folks have to release the software. The 24 ports all had data and ground only, and the form factor fit perfectly on the pi. I've got enclosures which I place only 300w power supplies in, and the Pi w/ hat fits in them perfectly.
    That cape without power was Donís DIY board.

David hasnít released pictures of his yet, and it will have power as well. It should have 16 onboard powered ports with 2 RJ45 quad differential as well as an expansion header for attaching a 16 port string expansion board or 4-port quad differential.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a follow-up: I have had time now to play with my Raspberry Pi 400. All-in-all, I am quite happy with it. I hope to use it for multiple purposes in the off-season when I am not using it for my lights, and the keyboard will be handy for that. While I understand it takes up more space making it hard to waterproof, it works for my setup. I have an old cabinet on our porch that holds all of my connections, power supplies, etc. No, it's not completely waterproof, but it is set far enough back on the porch that I don't expect water to ever reach the cabinet, much less the stuff in it. The USB sound card I picked works well and I believe it will allow me to not only use an FM transmitter but can plug in a speaker at the same time for Halloween trick-or-treaters. I feel like it was a good choice for me, and can be a good choice for others if they are having a hard time finding a plain Raspberry Pi.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it is working out for you. Have fun with it

2022 - Not sure yet. At least two new songs.
    2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123