Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PixelRadio, a DiY FM Transmitter with RDS RadioText

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PixelRadio, a DiY FM Transmitter with RDS RadioText

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I will likely be building a few of these!

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at your SPARKY project too. Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the resistors and capacitors I just purchased are in quantites greater than I need. I would be happy to share once they arrive (in June )
    Thanks for offering to do that.

Just looked at your SPARKY project too. Awesome!
    Thank you, it's good to receive positive feedback on the SPARKY welder project. It's another example of the magic an ESP32 can do.

And it's also an example that shows how I'm attracted to things with bright flashy lights.

- Thomas
    Last edited by ThomasLED; 04-13-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasLED View Post
    Thank you, it's good to receive positive feedback on the SPARKY welder project. It's another example of the magic an ESP32 can do.

And it's also an example that shows how I'm attracted to things with bright flashy lights.

- Thomas
    I've been looking for a decent/cheap way to get into welding. I had a friend teach me to weld last year, but he has one of the Miller Multimatics. No way I'll be spending thousands on a welder. Not as a beginner, at least.

Post Thanks / Like

And while we're at it, I might as well give you props for the CAN2Cluster project too! I've got a friend that had a Mustang years ago, but sold it when he got married. He's been wanting to get another ever since then, so this project might be just the thing he needs until he can get another one!

Post Thanks / Like

Also, just ordered some boards for the PixelRadio. Thanks again for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, just ordered some boards for the PixelRadio. Thanks again for sharing.
    Great. Welcome aboard.

BTW, Thanks for the CAN2Cluster feedback. The Ford Mustang dashboard sits next to my desk. I start it up often; the roar of a V8 in my office sounds fantastic. And no speeding tickets (yet).

I rarely publish my projects on GitHub due to the amount of work it entails. So a lot of my madness goes undetected. Probably for the best since my projects tend to be unusual.

For example, an unpublished project that I enjoyed building/using is Bubbles-the-Bear. He's a talking bear that blows bubbles from a second story window. There's a button at the sidewalk that allows visitors to interact with him.

Bubbles was created for the "before-times" (early days of the pandemic). There was a period during the first Covid outbreak where my neighborhood was teaming with families on walks. So the bear got a lot of attention. Our home came to be known as "Bubbles house." But we don't see families on walks anymore, so Bubbles is semi-retired now. Appearances tend to be limited to special holidays.

Bubbles is another example of what an ESP32 can do. WiFi for configuration and status. Plus MQTT for integration into home automation. And servo PWM for articulated mouth movement; The bear's child-like voice is digitized audio created by the ESP32's DAC channel.

No technical details to share. But here's a couple videos that show the silly bear in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRP9aEp-gcU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7CN5Ws6U0

- Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasLED View Post
    Great. Welcome aboard.

BTW, Thanks for the CAN2Cluster feedback. The Ford Mustang dashboard sits next to my desk. I start it up often; the roar of a V8 in my office sounds fantastic. And no speeding tickets (yet).

I rarely publish my projects on GitHub due to the amount of work it entails. So a lot of my madness goes undetected. Probably for the best since my projects tend to be unusual.

For example, an unpublished project that I enjoyed building/using is Bubbles-the-Bear. He's a talking bear that blows bubbles from a second story window. There's a button at the sidewalk that allows visitors to interact with him.

Bubbles was created for the "before-times" (early days of the pandemic). There was a period during the first Covid outbreak where my neighborhood was teaming with families on walks. So the bear got a lot of attention. Our home came to be known as "Bubbles house." But we don't see families on walks anymore, so Bubbles is semi-retired now. Appearances tend to be limited to special holidays.

Bubbles is another example of what an ESP32 can do. WiFi for configuration and status. Plus MQTT for integration into home automation. And servo PWM for articulated mouth movement; The bear's child-like voice is digitized audio created by the ESP32's DAC channel.

No technical details to share. But here's a couple videos that show the silly bear in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRP9aEp-gcU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7CN5Ws6U0

- Thomas
    Nice. I don't know how some of you guys find the time for these projects. I have so many that I have started and still need to finish. I would LIKE to do more with some of these prototyping boards, most of my experience is with the Aduino (or just bare ATMega chip). I've never really done anything with the ESP32, though I think I have a few in my closet that I purchased for a nixie tube clock build... another project that I need to finish!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how some of you guys find the time for these projects.
    Yup, free time for personal projects is an obstacle for me and most devs I know. Have you tried reducing sleep and eliminating basic hygiene?

Speaking of free time, it would be great if a PixelRadio builder cloned the Github repo and attempted to build the source code. Please report any issues that are encountered so I can resolve any build issues.

No need for any hardware to do this. At this point I'm only interested in knowing if someone other than me can compile the project.

- Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely give the build a run, but it MIGHT not be until next week.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast