Thread: Trash truck destroyed my blow mold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trash truck destroyed my blow mold

Hello friends!
    Back on December 30 2021 we were awoken at 5:45 am to a loud bang outside. I go to the front door and see a guy out there walking around with his cell phone flashlight on. I run out there in my pj's yelling WTF is going on??? The driver of the trash truck says "I don't know man my breaks locked up". The trash truck slammed into my daughters car, pushing it into her brothers car. Luckily the road was wet and his car slid about 25 feet in the street and into the mailbox. Her car was pushed 50 feet and about 10 feet into the yard, which then was still covered with Christmas stuff. Luckily only one blow mold and a strand of LED lights was destroyed. Her car was totaled. Still fighting the insurance company to replace her car.

So I wanted to see if anyone has a spare starlight candy blow mold; preferrably green. These are very rare and hard to find. I bought these a long time ago off craigslist. See attached photo. If you have one that is red I might be able to strip the color and repaint it green. This has been in my display for 11 years now and I really need another one to complete my display. I used these across the front yard as my perimeter. If you have any spares you could sell please PM me and let me know cost for blow mold and shipping.

Thanks
    Leglamp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trash truck destroyed my blow mold

Well, I'm glad to see where your priorities are.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    Well, I'm glad to see where your priorities are.........
    He could always have been worried about his trash.

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering what was so important on his phone that caused his 'breaks to lock up'. No proof that there as a phone but I hope he got those breaks checked out and didn't drive that truck away without a tow, otherwise it 'could lock up again'.

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically he called his supervisor right after the accident. When he got there and after the police took his information, the supervisor told him to go ahead and finish his route. The supervisor told me he admitted to going to fast during weather conditions. The weather was in the 30's with a misty fog. Visibility was probably 100 yards. So he had more than enough time to swerve or slow down. I can't believe the police allowed him to drive off with possible mechanical failure. And we're still waiting for the police report to be released.

Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leglamp View Post
    Ironically he called his supervisor right after the accident. When he got there and after the police took his information, the supervisor told him to go ahead and finish his route. The supervisor told me he admitted to going to fast during weather conditions. The weather was in the 30's with a misty fog. Visibility was probably 100 yards. So he had more than enough time to swerve or slow down. I can't believe the police allowed him to drive off with possible mechanical failure. And we're still waiting for the police report to be released.
    That is actually a violation of DOT rules, if involved in an accident, the driver must immediately take a drug test. His supervisor could get into a butt load of trouble and the driver could have his CDL suspended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    That is actually a violation of DOT rules, if involved in an accident, the driver must immediately take a drug test. His supervisor could get into a butt load of trouble and the driver could have his CDL suspended.
    You mean like what happened with this guy? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eck-video.html The driver was immediately placed on admin leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to me like you could improvise with a PVC, a T coupler, and a rebar stake. And then stick another prop next to it to downplay the difference. A way to reduce your loss if you can't find a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    You mean like what happened with this guy? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eck-video.html The driver was immediately placed on admin leave.
    That guy needs to lose his license for that, he knows full well he is not to have his blade aimed in that direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a few weeks since I posted this. Wanted to see if anyone has had time to look through their blow mold collection.
    Thanks!

Leglamp