Thread: xlights newbie question

Post Thanks / Like

Default xlights newbie question

Okay, I have a newbie question, (even though I have been using xl for a few years). In watching one of Keiths tuturials recently, I noticed that he has some of the effects windows parked above the waveform. I have tried to set up my sequencing screen like that, and I can move the windows to just below the icons, but when I dock them they spread out from edge to edge on the screen. The waveform moves below them, but when I try to separate a window from the dock to get it to squae back up, the waveform moves back up the screen....... I'm sure there must be a simple way to get there, but this old brain isn't getting it. Thanks for any guidance you can provide. Using 2022.1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xlights newbie question

Did he have multiple up there? Mine has 3 but if I move one, the others fill the space.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he has 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that once you move the first 1 it takes the whole space, then you can add another beside it and they both resize to fit and then you can keep adding and they keep resizing to fit total space.
    I believe if you hold the window in place before dropping it off it will put a shadow of where it will drop. Not at computer now, but going off memory, what I have left, lol.
    Last edited by rayhjr; 01-14-2022 at 02:21 PM.