Thread: AlphaPix blue after one strand

Post Thanks / Like

Question AlphaPix blue after one strand

Hi,

I got an AlphaPix controller (4 Output AlphaPix Classic Pixel Controller + Up to 350 Watts of Power + Standard Enclosure + 4 EasyPlug3 Pigtails / 2,720 Pixels) which claims to allow 600+ pixels per output. However, when I plug in a second strand to an output, it appears as all blue and cannot be controlled. Each strand is 100px, so this is only 200. I tested the second strand to ensure that it's not broken, and it works when plugged directly into an output. It's not able to change color in Test Mode or from xLights. I tried this with multiple different strands as well. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by christmas_goose; 12-03-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AlphaPix blue after one strand

Check your data line to it. HC pixels go blue if no data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! By data line do you mean Ethernet? This is happening in the built in test modes too.

Post Thanks / Like

No. On the pixel wiring there is v+.v- and data. The data wire on the pixels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ah okay. Any tips for how I would check/debug that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christmas_goose View Post
    Ah okay. Any tips for how I would check/debug that?
    Start connecting to your AlphaPix Classic Pixel Controller output Configuration menu via a computer. The default controller pixels per channel maybe set at 300 pixels. One light Modules or node has three pixels; 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green. 100 light nodes equal 300 pixels and nothing would be illuminated after 100 light nodes and explain your lighting scenario.

Inspect the AlphaPix Classic Pixel Controller output Configuration menu via a computer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwbugjpt View Post
    Start connecting to your AlphaPix Classic Pixel Controller output Configuration menu via a computer. The default controller pixels per channel maybe set at 300 pixels. One light Modules or node has three pixels; 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green. 100 light nodes equal 300 pixels and nothing would be illuminated after 100 light nodes and explain your lighting scenario.

Inspect the AlphaPix Classic Pixel Controller output Configuration menu via a computer.
    Even though you are pointing the op in the right direction I would caution you on your terminology. Pixels are usually referred to as nodes whether bullets or squares. Each pixel has 3 led's red, green and blue. Each led gets a channel per led. Controllers use 3 channels per pixel. Depending on Controller setup for pixels or channels. 300 pixels would be 900 channels. 300 channels would be 100 pixels. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by rayhjr; 12-06-2021 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spell check

Post Thanks / Like

Thank very much for this suggestion. I set up the controller output configuration months ago when I guess I had a different configuration in mind, and promptly forgot that that was a thing. This is my first time doing this, so thanks for the help! I've now got my show fully set up with AlphaPix, xLights, and FPP, and this was the last issue I had to work out