Thread: Lost Christmas profile

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost Christmas profile

Vixen crashed while in schedule and I lost my profile. Can someone explain how to recover it. I think i have it backed up. Please help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lost Christmas profile

Can you define better what you mean by lost your profile? Do you have multiple and they don't should up in the profile picker, or is it there, but won't load?

If it won't load and you have a backup, you can just copy/extract the backup over the old one in your my documents folder.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I lost my whole profile. It loads but is blank. I had to redraw and repatch the whole thing. How do I zip a backup? When I try under the profile tab it says zipping but spins for an hour then crashes Vixen. Please help. My zipped files I had before were invalid. Thank you very much. Lights on Pine St.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the whole profile folder was completely gone, there should be backups in there of the previous files that could be used to restore as well. If the profile zip wizard is crashing, then we need to look at the log files and see if there is a clue in there as to why. Unless the profile is really large, the profile zip should be pretty fast. An hour would be unusual. The logs will be in the My Documents\Vixen 3\logs folder. If you were not using multiple profiles, that My Documents\Vixen 3 will be the profile folder. There will be backups of the core files in the respective folders under that.