Thread: Router unresponsive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Router unresponsive

My show starts at 5, by the time i go to shut it down, i can not connect to my wireless router, the router is still working as it is sending out a wireless signal and sending data to my falcons. I always wind up having to kill the power then turn it back on to get it to respond again. Anyone have ideas on what i can do to stop this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Router unresponsive

What brand and model of wifi/router? I just installed a new TP-Link Wifi 6 AX1500. Seems to shut off data output after a few minutes and works for a few more minutes if I cycle power. Either a setting not set right or a bad router out of the box.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Many home routers aren't designed for the kind of constant traffic load that a show puts on them. The router prioritizes doing its job as a router rather than providing the configuration utility. Why do you need to access your router's configuration pages on a regular basis? I haven't touched mine in years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Many home routers aren't designed for the kind of constant traffic load that a show puts on them. The router prioritizes doing its job as a router rather than providing the configuration utility. Why do you need to access your router's configuration pages on a regular basis? I haven't touched mine in years.
    Not trying to get into the cinfig page, o try to access the Pi player to shutdown the show, bit I am unable to even connect the the router but the router is still sending data.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you've tried to access it from more than one device? I've had it where my phone can access the AP, but my desktop PC can't until I reboot the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

What about when the show is not running?