Thread: Dumb question regarding Espixelstick firmware v3.2 vs v4

Post Thanks / Like

Question Dumb question regarding Espixelstick firmware v3.2 vs v4

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question... Aside from the risks of running beta software, are there benefits, performance or otherwise, to running v4 beta vs v3.2? I'm replacing a malfunctioning PixelStick with an ESP8266 NodeMCU and was trying to determine which firmware to use. Is anyone running v4 in their production displays this year?

Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dumb question regarding Espixelstick firmware v3.2 vs v4

The big difference is that the 4.0 builds can be an FPP remote & have files stored on SD cards instead of being streamed over the network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It also integrates the two variants used by 3.2 into a single image. It also supports relay outputs.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running some beta4 firmware controllers in my show, but recommend you stay on 3.2 as it doesn't sound like you require any of the new features.
    forkineye.com