Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 DIYEDEXPRESS light strings and E682 not working - are yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2021 DIYEDEXPRESS light strings and E682 not working - are yours?

Want to start off saying this is not a complaint thread, looking for help! I received my shipment very quickly, they had to be moving fast!

The light strings that i got this year are not working correctly on my controller. I am running an E682 v5.03. All previous year light strings work, but not the ones from this year.

I have 2 sets plugged together. First set, the first 50 would flicker odd colors and randomly switch. Kinda like running FPP with Vixen open, but worse. The second 50 would come on green and purple in sets of two randomly spaced. Second set, both strings would do random colors and randomly change. This is using test mode from the controller. Every 50 (i didn't really count) flickers it run the test pattern for 1/2 second and back to random stuff.

I have tried removing the first pixel, no changes. I removed the last pixel with the transistor, no changes. I took the pigtail from the new lights and plugged it into the controller board thinking the old cord had an issue. But if i plug in a set from last year, all is good. I tried 8 other sets with same results.

I have a cheap $2 amazon controller, that when plugged in, the light strings run the auto pattern, so i am not sure what is going on.

I am thinking it is operator error, but not sure what i can be overlooking.

Any feedback is appreciated, even if yours are working fine.

thanks
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2021 DIYEDEXPRESS light strings and E682 not working - are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ben&bobbi View Post
    Want to start off saying this is not a complaint thread, looking for help! I received my shipment very quickly, they had to be moving fast!

The light strings that i got this year are not working correctly on my controller. I am running an E682 v5.03. All previous year light strings work, but not the ones from this year.

I have 2 sets plugged together. First set, the first 50 would flicker odd colors and randomly switch. Kinda like running FPP with Vixen open, but worse. The second 50 would come on green and purple in sets of two randomly spaced. Second set, both strings would do random colors and randomly change. This is using test mode from the controller. Every 50 (i didn't really count) flickers it run the test pattern for 1/2 second and back to random stuff.

I have tried removing the first pixel, no changes. I removed the last pixel with the transistor, no changes. I took the pigtail from the new lights and plugged it into the controller board thinking the old cord had an issue. But if i plug in a set from last year, all is good. I tried 8 other sets with same results.

I have a cheap $2 amazon controller, that when plugged in, the light strings run the auto pattern, so i am not sure what is going on.

I am thinking it is operator error, but not sure what i can be overlooking.

Any feedback is appreciated, even if yours are working fine.

thanks
    Change the pixel timing and see if that works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I changed the timing from 150 to 500ns. At 500, last years string went white, no test pattern. No changes for this years string at different settings. I switched out for the string that is missing the first and last pixel, and it doesn't work correctly either, checked all settings.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

try adjusting the voltage from your power supply. I've had some strings that liked 5.1 volts while some others liked 4.9v

Post Thanks / Like

i will hold off on trying that. The other 3 sets of outputs have lights on them that are running good right now. I also have to take my controller box apart to get to the adjustment.

Post Thanks / Like

This was posted on their FB page a few days ago by a customer. Hope it might help!

"I’ve had issues with these pixels functioning from a falcon controller. I had to put a good pixel in front of the string to act as an amp. I could use an f-amp, but I don’t have any right now. A pixel does the trick for now in case anyone else runs into the issue of the pixels freaking out."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, i will go look there!

Just found that response, that was down there in the post on a different concern. Thanks for finding it and pointing it out. I will ask him for a clarification of what a "good pixel" is, and if he replaced the first or how he did it.
    Last edited by ben&bobbi; 11-27-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I received my DIYLEDExpress 2021 pixels (12v x-connect) this week and finally got them put into a prop today (200 pixels). I didn't have any issues with driving them from a Falcon Smart Receiver, getting data from a F48. I didn't require any additional F-Amp or sacrificial pixels.

I also tested all 35 strands with a Wired Watts pixel tester, and didn't have any issues driving them with that either.
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!

Post Thanks / Like

I have DIYledexpress pixels from 2016 and 2019. I am also running a E682 with firmware 5.018 running at 200ns. The 2016 pixels work fine when connected to the E682. The 2019 pixels do not work at all. Both the 2016 and 2019 pixels work fine when connected to my F4v3. Through trial and error, I found that if I connect a strand of 2016 pixels to the E682, and then connect a strand of 2019 pixels to the 2016 strand, they all work. No idea why, but it's a work around.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, looks like I stand corrected. My initial test mentioned in post #8 was with the 1ft pigtail from the Smart Receiver, directly into the prop. I didn't notice any issues in that configuration.

Today I took the prop and put it in its final home, which meant 20ft in extension cable, between the exact same pigtail/receiver and the prop. I now started to see the odd behavior described. It started with some flickering, and then eventually froze. I put an F-Amp in-between and everything is totally fine now. Normally, I've had much better distances with my DIYLEDExpress Pixels. Normally I don't even think about an F-Amp until 30+ft. I'm not super excited about having to deploy F-Amps for these pixels to solve the problem.
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast