Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dead esPixelStick?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dead esPixelStick?

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfManyMasterOfSome View Post
    It looks to be doing something. Command line keeps printing dots. Not sure how long I should wait.
    this typically indicates a problem connecting to wifi

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

It was a dead voltage regulator on the 3.3v side. It was reading .13v. Thank you Shelby for having me check with a multimeter. A new one is going to be shipped to me.

Post Thanks / Like

To get around the 5-3.3v regulator , did you test powering the board with 3.3v on the 3.3v pin ?

I know this won't solve the issue when inserted in the EspixelStick board but it may prove to still be a useful module as
    a 3.3v device .

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/yQd1ZhD4Np4 seems the WeMos board has issues. Can't believe esPixelStick uses these.
    This video is great ,as it shows how not to problem solve . He cuts off his nose to spite his face .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    To get around the 5-3.3v regulator , did you test powering the board with 3.3v on the 3.3v pin ?
    I don't have anything to provide 3.3v of power directly to the pin. It would be interesting though to see if the chip could be programmed by providing power directly to that pin. I'm sure I could buy a voltage regulator, but I'm behind the 8 ball on getting my lights up!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have anything to provide 3.3v of power directly to the pin. It would be interesting though to see if the chip could be programmed by providing power directly to that pin. I'm sure I could buy a voltage regulator, but I'm behind the 8 ball on getting my lights up!
    If you have a breadboard for testing , either a breadboard power supply that is 5v/3.3v or you could use 2 x AA batteries in series . You should be able to boot the module and load its web url for functionality.

You won't be able to re program though without a ftdi-serial programmer .

Here is a good read .

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a bread board would be useful to see if this could be programmed after restoring power to it. Maybe I could get it to work before smashing it with a hammer lol

Post Thanks / Like

Learn from it . fix it . and you win !

Post Thanks / Like

When the WeMos module is plugged into the board where the power goes in and out the blue light doesn't come on at all anymore.
    I just purchased two ESPArtSticks and have this same issue on one of them. I'm new in the game but plan on messing with them tomorrow. I've never been able to get either of them to run off SD card, I managed to get one of them to do one of the installed effects and now neither one of them will allow me to pick any effect from the web interface or wifi. I click, it does not change to what I click on. Only thing I can do is slide the dot on the color wheel and that will change the color, that is it. Tried card in, card out, etc. I was going to try and do reset/firmware tomorrow. If ya' figure it out, please post. I'm about to buy a full controller because I'm tired of playing with them. Only bought to control one star with 270 bullets for the top of the mega tree which will need a big controller next year when it gets the bulk pixels. uggghh.... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Mine runs my 560 pixel tune to sign. Works fine.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345