Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dead esPixelStick?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dead esPixelStick?

Try powering the Esp by itself using it's 5v and gnd pins . Then try to connect to it via web url.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfManyMasterOfSome View Post
    Nodemcu firmware programmer shows waiting Mac. I think at this point they just need to send me a new one. This is crazy
    You can try this fix -> here

Post Thanks / Like

When the WeMos module is plugged into the board where the power goes in and out the blue light doesn't come on at all anymore. This new WeMos module seems to be quite different from the ones before it. I already saw that page that you linked. There is no VCC pin on this one I'm finding one of the chips is getting extremely hot. Really making me wonder if there is a hardware issue. I find it really weird that these issues started just from plugging it in.

Post Thanks / Like

When the WeMos module is plugged into the board where the power goes in and out the blue light doesn't come on at all anymore. This new WeMos module seems to be quite different from the ones before it. I already saw that page that you linked. There is no VCC pin on this one I'm finding one of the chips is getting extremely hot. Really making me wonder if there is a hardware issue. I find it really weird that these issues started just from plugging it in.
    If it was not shorted , it could be a stuck reset . Taking the reset pin low and high during flash may get it unstuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is the WeMos D1 doesn't have a reset pin according to the pinout diagram. I'm assuming high and low is referring to 3v 5v pins?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Redit thread on bricked wemos you may like to try .

The rst pin is reset when pulled low .

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is the WeMos D1 doesn't have a reset pin according to the pinout diagram. I'm assuming high and low is referring to 3v 5v pins?
    High would be 3.3v and low is gnd

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/yQd1ZhD4Np4 seems the WeMos board has issues. Can't believe esPixelStick uses these.

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/yQd1ZhD4Np4 seems the WeMos board has issues. Can't believe esPixelStick uses these.
    Though rare , issues can happen with all these modules . There hasn't been mass reports of folks having or going through what you are dealing with here vs the volume of EspixelSticks that are out there .

The Esp pro mini will most likely work as a replacement should the need arise .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanny View Post
    Try removing your SD card if you have one. I’m having some issues with 4.0 firmware where the pixels won’t boot well. Currently I’m under the belief it’s the SD card but don’t have a spare EsPixelStick to validate that yet. ( Spares are supposed to be delivered Saturday so the that’s when I’ll spend some time doing diagnostics )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the first I've heard of that. What's the model and size of the SD card? Make sure it's formatted as FAT32.

I can assure you it's not a mass issue with the board as the failure rate has been less than 1%. I believe you are the same person that emailed me as well? I just responded if so, will include it here.

The blue light is actually connected to the data line so it only lights up when configured to output data or when flashing the firmware. The 3.2 firmware configures the output by default so it will turn on. The 4.0 beta does not. Do you have a multimeter? If so, can you check the 3.3.v and 5v pins on the module with it plugged into your power supply? Also, what's the voltage of the supply? If you hook it back up to your computer and load the flash tool, do you see anything in the serial output window if you reset it?
    thanks,
    -shelby
    Last edited by sporadic; Yesterday at 09:15 AM.
    forkineye.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast